Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Thieves steal Tam O'Shanter urban farm donation bo - 12th May 2011 10:02am
HEARTLESS youths stole vital donations from a Wirral farm last night.

The gang broke into Tam O’Shanter's Urban Farm at around 8.30pm to take the cash left in a special donations box.

It is thought the box contained around £20 - but the incident has left warden Andrew McCulloch angry as the farm relies on the public’s generosity.

Mr McCulloch, whose home is within the farm's grounds, said: “I was putting my son to bed when I noticed youths outside.

"It’s not a lot of money that has been taken but the cost of repairing the damage is much greater.

“This sort of thing has happened before and it has got to stop."

He said the farm is an integral part of the local community: "I hope the culprits realise that they have done wrong and will stay away and not do it again.

"Tam O’ Shanter receives contributions from Wirral Council but we rely on donation from visitors for everyday costs."

Police have been informed and CCTV footage is being sought.

Neighbourhood Inspector Roy McGregor said: "It is completely unacceptable that a valuable community resource such as this has been targeted in this way.

"Organisations like Tom O'Shanter rely heavily on public support for financial aid, and officers are working hard to find those responsible."

Anyone with information can call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2342.

THE GLOBE
i just cant belive how low people can sink these days makes me sick!!! sick
There is no excuse for this behaviour.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Thieves steal Tam O'Shanter urban farm donation bo - 12th May 2011 12:26pm
Originally Posted by summer01
they must be deserate ,to go to that length .

As much as I'm skint and I mean skint, I would never think to rob a donations/charity box.

Horrible people.

Despicable.
make your blood boil but at least this time it was only cash, i remember when i had to explain to my son how the thugs had covered the massive pig they used to have there and set it on fire, it died an awful death!
i was there only the other month and theres only half the animals they used to have, i think its only a matter of time before we'll lose that place, it'd be a shame.
Sadly, given the area it's in, things like this are going to keep happening. The farm needs a security guard stationed there all night but they probably don't have the money. Even less now the ... took the charity box.
little scrotes mad

i know andy and i know how much the place means to him

bring back the birch i say, might may them think twice !
Originally Posted by Touchstone
Sadly, given the area it's in, things like this are going to keep happening. The farm needs a security guard stationed there all night but they probably don't have the money. Even less now the ... took the charity box.

its not the area that the farm is in thats the problem as all the local kids grow up with fond memories of the farm and are protective of it, its kids visiting from other areas that do the damage and unless things have changed (i maybe wrong)the keeper used to get the cottage rent free so someone is there for some security, maybe more fencing (electric!) is needed!
Oh my god,that is awful to steal the donations,I can't believe that.
Twunts! yes i think we are going to lose this place soon,and what a shame that would be.
Trouble is even if they catch someone,they seem to just get a caution or a small fine.
Hello Poodlepup Hope your wrong it would be bad to lose this place used to take my kids there years ago How many places are there where you can take your kids for free but for a small donation What is wrong with these stupid ,Hope they find out who they are and then destroy something very important to them
Ive just sent a small donation to the farm,not much,but every little helps, COME ON WIKIS.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Thieves steal Tam O'Shanter urban farm donation bo - 13th May 2011 8:55am
An excellent idea tankrat! Just found a link to send a donation to:-

http://www.tamoshanterfarm.org.uk/donate.htm

I haven't been to the farm for years, but I think it's vital to give them some help. Sounds like they need all the help they can get. If all the "regulars" on wiki sent a couple of beer tokens (say £5.00p) it would help them keep such a valuable place going for all to enjoy.

Originally Posted by rocks

its not the area that the farm is in thats the problem as all the local kids grow up with fond memories of the farm and are protective of it, its kids visiting from other areas that do the damage and unless things have changed (i maybe wrong)the keeper used to get the cottage rent free so someone is there for some security, maybe more fencing (electric!) is needed!

electric fencing? can see there being a lot of people complaining and claiming they have been electrocuted then suuing the guy. Nothing surprises me these days. somad
Originally Posted by Kathryn
Originally Posted by rocks

electric fencing? can see there being a lot of people complaining and claiming they have been electrocuted then suuing the guy. Nothing surprises me these days. somad

read it again it was a JOKE!! im not into electrifying kids but it would stop them,thats another joke too smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Thieves steal Tam O'Shanter urban farm donation bo - 18th May 2011 7:09am
Hands up anyone who has sent a donation to them yet !

Can I encourage folk to support the farm. It's a valuable asset and it's on YOUR doorstep (not mine). If nothing else, by sending a donation it's a kick in the Testicular Dept. for the thieving, brain-dead ... that stole the donation box !

Pop along and bung a few quid (or whatever) to them or send a cheque to:-

Tam O'Shanter Urban Farm,
Boundary Road,
Bidston,
Wirral.
CH43 7PD

Tel: 0151 653 9332

John, the guy in charge told me they don't do Paypal!

BTW. I've NO connection with the farm or the good folk running it, but they need all the help they can get. I also got it in writing that NONE, repeat NONE of the donations goes to Wirral B. Council !! That would be the kiss of death !
The whole theft thing is infuriating. Only consolation is, kids love to put money in the box to make the cow moo, so lots of small denomination coins go in there. What the ratbags got away with was probably all in 1p and 2p pieces. I remember the pig incident too; saw her afterwards, before the vet had to put her down. That just turned me sick. People were very kind after they saw the news in the paper - enough was donated to build a bigger, better pigsty.

Livestock levels are often commented upon, but the fact is there's very little land, and the quality of the grazing is quite poor. The farm tries to set a good example of non-intensive husbandry, so can't overstock the place. Watch out for piglets arriving shortly, though!
Coming to a change converter machine near you - a scally with a big bag of coppers raftl

They'll get their's one day (unless they turn the lives around).

© Wirral-Wikiwirral