Forums
Posted By: nicky Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 11:10am
Theres been a car crash on corner of withens lane and manor road in wallasey. Silver astra with the front all smashed up and a silver mini. Loads of police there.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 11:26am
Hope every one is ok
Posted By: nicky Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 11:35am
They seemed to be ok. About five people sitting on the wall, one fella had a neck brace type thing on. Think he was from the Mini.

[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/nickyd86/IMAG0464.jpg?t=1305027365[/img]

[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/nickyd86/IMAG0465.jpg?t=1305027365[/img]
Posted By: nicky Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 11:40am
Im not doing very well getting these pics to show up, can anyone help me plz? lol
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 11:42am
its ok we can see them. well done but looks like a nasty head on
Posted By: nicky Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 11:44am
thats good, its just the links showing on my screen.

By the markings on the road it looks as though the Astra was turning right into Withens Lane and the Mini had come up Manor Road
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 12:13pm
they need traffic lights on that junction but their too busy messing the traffic up on the dock road which has caused congestion mad

hope all are ok.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 2:22pm
My mum was the driver of the Astra and my 15 month old niece was in the back. They've both been checked over by A&E. Mum is shaken and sore (probably from the seat belt as the Astra's air bags did not deploy), niece was happy playing when I popped into kids A&E.

The driver of the Mini was apparenly taken to APH on a spinal board as "routine".
Originally Posted by nicky
...By the markings on the road it looks as though the Astra was turning right into Withens Lane and the Mini had come up Manor Road

From what she said that is what happened, but I wasn't a witness and police are looking into the accident.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 2:46pm
Thanks for the feedback little_pob thumbsup

I hope all works out ok
Posted By: nicky Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 3:22pm
Aww glad they're ok little_pob!
Its a dangerous junction there, something definitely needs doing there to make it safer!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 4:25pm
hope everones ok
Posted By: Helles Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 8:42pm
Aww glad they're ok little_pob!
Its a dangerous junction there, something definitely needs doing there to make it safer!

The Saddle part of Withens lane needs the junction widening at the Manor road end but how you would do it without knocking a house down or partially knocking a house down I don't know. Loads of Wirral roads were built for horses and carts and not the amount of traffic we see these days.
Posted By: Worzel Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 9:17pm
This junction has been a problem for many years and most of it stems from poor visibilty mainly due to cars/vans being parked close to the junction.

This seriously limits what can be seen and cars etc edge out to ensure the road is clear and at times are then involved in altercations.
Posted By: nicky Re: Car crash on withens lane - 10th May 2011 9:57pm
Yeah the Saddle side of it is the worst! Especially if your turning into it and theres a car waiting to pull out, you end up mounting the pavement to get past! The corner wall used to be knocked down so many times when i was younger because its so narrow. They wont do anything until someone is seriously hurt though!
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Car crash on withens lane - 11th May 2011 12:39am
It's always been a bad junction that one I used to live within sight of it and saw the aftermath of a lot of crashes some of them where fatal those where mostly at night tho, they would have to take away one side of the pavement to make that narrow part wider but I doubt it'd do much use it's on a hill, has poor visibility and people go far too fast
Posted By: LilJen Re: Car crash on withens lane - 11th May 2011 12:50am
really fatal and nobody has done noghin of the junctio to sort it out that s awful so fookin aweful
Posted By: MikeT Re: Car crash on withens lane - 11th May 2011 5:10am
Theres been a car crash on corner of withens lane and manor road in wallasey.

It's a bad junction that. Need to take great care there. Handy for the cop shop though weren't they grin
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car crash on withens lane - 12th May 2011 11:07am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9018356.Baby_taken_to_hospital_following_Wallasey_car_crash/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral