Forums
Posted By: baldybrewer Protest at Eastham Refinary - 8th May 2011 7:15pm
Went to have a look at the huge protest at Stanlow very dissapointing 15 max protesters but on my way home I was suprised to see the same amount of protesters at the refinary in Eastham.

Attached picture fuelprotest.jpg
Posted By: paulph25 Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 8th May 2011 7:24pm
wow, that will be on the news in morning.....
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 8th May 2011 7:42pm
Originally Posted by paulph25
wow, that will be on the news in morning.....

It was already on the news at 6pm raftl
Posted By: Rodders Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 9th May 2011 7:11am
I dont think that is the way to go about it, that has no effect.
Have you heard of people power, simple lets make Saturday a day when the people of Britian say we are not going to buy petrol on that day. We dont go JUST AN IDEA.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 9th May 2011 9:08am
I use PetrolPrices.com and only buy from the cheapest, it would make more of an impact if we just boycotted the likes of Shell & BP & Texaco.
Posted By: GillnMick Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 9th May 2011 9:28am
Originally Posted by Rodders
I dont think that is the way to go about it, that has no effect.
Have you heard of people power, simple lets make Saturday a day when the people of Britian say we are not going to buy petrol on that day. We dont go JUST AN IDEA.

Not buying petrol for one day isn't going to change anything.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 9th May 2011 1:35pm
It never happens either

On a recent day where no one was to buy petrol, the garage by me we busier than usual
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 9th May 2011 2:43pm
The protesters have seen the light and gone home just been passed and no one is there. Better luck next time smile
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 9th May 2011 3:03pm
Take my hat off to these guys,They are slowly getting there message across Nation wide ... am sure more will turn up at the next one
Posted By: Worzel Re: Protest at Eastham Refinary - 9th May 2011 7:33pm
The big problems is that we are all so very dependant on diesel and petrol for our everyday lives, they have to pardon a pun, got us 'over a barrel'.

If you dont but on one particular day whay happens, you either prepare and buy the day before or the day after, the oil companies still get your money.

The oil company is greedy and so is the government, not just the present one but the one before it as well.

We do need to do something though, but what, something that will hit them both in the pocket long term and now. Sell our cars and walk !!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral