Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Police investigate voting in Wirral - 5th May 2011 8:59pm
5 May 2011 Last updated at 21:02

Police investigate voting in Wirral
Police are investigating after two people were told their local election and referendum votes had already been cast at a Wirral polling station.

Julia Houston, 34, went to the polling station at Holy Trinity C of E Primary School, but was told she had aleady been crossed off the register.

The BBC journalist was told it appeared her husband had also been to vote in the Hoylake and Meols ward on Thursday.

Wirral Council have referred the matter to Merseyside Police.

In the Granby ward in Liverpool, one man told the BBC he was handed his election ballot paper and asked if he wanted the AV one.

A spokesman for Liverpool City Council said staff at polling stations had been instructed to give both the ballot papers for the council elections and the referendum to voters without them having to ask for either paper
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police investigate voting in Wirral - 5th May 2011 9:38pm
Didnt bandy highlight this 'loophole in security' this morning?
It should be compulsory to produce your Ballot Card (?) thingy.
I took mine. I got harassed at the entrance, peeps asking for my number and then again, at the 'registry desk'?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Police investigate voting in Wirral - 6th May 2011 10:48am
investigation does not surprise me. exactly the thing I was thinking may happen. Gawd knows what is happening in Brum, Leicester and other Asian orientated places. They were caught at it last time but it was quickly hushed up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral