Forums
Posted By: carole696 kennel cough ? - 2nd May 2011 3:26pm
hi can anyone on here give me some advice please i have just had my dog in the kennels for a few days while i was away i made sure she was up todate with all her needles even kennel cough it was her first time in kennels i picked her up on friday she seemed ok but over the weekend she has been very very quiet sad even an has started to make strange noises like she is going to be sick and sneezing i was just wondering could this be kennel cough ?
Posted By: keving Re: kennel cough ? - 2nd May 2011 3:38pm
Don't think so, i've had 2 dogs with kennel cough and both times they have sounded like an old man with a whizy cough, quite pronounced cough.
Kennel cough vaccinations is a bit of a con, IMO, really as it's doesn't prevent it, and when/if they get it, the vet says just leave it or give baby bennilin to help (or they can prescribe some thing expensive with similar results)

Hope this helps,
Kev
Posted By: carole696 Re: kennel cough ? - 2nd May 2011 3:43pm
cheers she just isnt herself at all when she is sleeping she is making a snoring noise which she hasnt done before and is making a noise like she is wanting to be sick its more like her throat is sore iv never heard kennel cough so i wasnt sure what it sounds like many thanks anyway xx
Posted By: keving Re: kennel cough ? - 2nd May 2011 3:56pm
That does sound a bit like it. It's like they are trying to clear there throat and cough phleme up.

It might be hay fever though , my boxer gets it a little and he goes into little slight convulsions where he is like snorting like a pig, which i think he is just trying to itch his throat. Doesn't do it when asleep tho and doesn't make him seem down/sad otherwise.
A good trick to get them to stop the daft convulsions is to hold there nose closed so they then (after a few seconds depending of daftness of dog) breath through there mouth and that clears the itch.

If you are worried though you may have to go the vet. See if she is eating and pooping as normal.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral