Forums
Posted By: Maisie Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 1:38pm
Hi everyone, just been down to B&Q and there's loads of thick smoke coming over from New Brighton way...hubby just phoned he works in Liverpool and said looks like it's coming from the river it's self...any ideas??
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 1:40pm
There was a load of smoke near 12 Quays terminal... was it not a ship going out?
Posted By: woofie Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 1:42pm
It was sea mist! Fog horns were blareing away. Cleared up now.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 1:44pm
I said it was sea mist but someone in work said it was too black to be mist...
and I though meh what do I know about sea mist.... nothing
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 1:49pm
Difficult to tell on the live cams but seems to spread from about the Queen Vic site towards the coast. There is a lot of haze out at sea as well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 1:50pm
oh god, I hope its not my house!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 2:26pm
Nor mine!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 2:46pm
its not mine and i wasnt in the garden smoking either !
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 3:14pm
was deffo sea mist....was propper bad.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 3:54pm
Phew! I thought I left the pan on!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 4:13pm
It was great down there today, the mist just rolled in like John Carpenters 'The Fog'. I was expectin skeleton pirates to be walkin up the beach!Then about 3.15 it was all but gone.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 4:16pm
i love the sea mists we get in NB smile

really love going out walking at night when they come in
Posted By: Maisie Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 8th Apr 2011 6:18pm
Wow, never thought of that...looked like proper smoke though...thanks everyone who responded!!
smile
Posted By: davew3 Re: Smoke coming from New Brighton Area - 9th Apr 2011 7:49am
You mean this, yes sea mist, was at fort Perch Rock and had a no view of the shipping going out on the high tide, but had a great view on the working Radar in the searchlight tower.

Attached picture DSCF0042.JPG
Attached picture DSCF0058.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral