Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral pensioners sign up for Council Tax cut - 6th Apr 2011 12:23pm
Wirral pensioners sign up for Council Tax cut

Pensioners across Wirral are signing up for a cut in their Council Tax after a new push by the Council.

The Tax cut is worth £100 to over 75s in a Band C property and the Council's new budget has protected the discount.

So far, 162 have signed up since the new campaign began.

Council leader, Cllr Jeff Green, said: "This is part of a package of measures to help older residents in Wirral.

"I know many have been feeling the pinch and that's why protecting the discount was so important.

"Any household with everyone aged 75 or older can apply – it's a one-page form that only needs to be completed once.

"We're keeping the red tape to a minimum – just call 606 2002 to get an application form sent out to you or download the freepost form on our website wirral.gov.uk and once returned we’ll do the rest."

Cllr. Green added: "I know pensioners have been hit especially hard by the doubling of Council Tax over the last few years.

"As well as freezing the Council Tax this year for everyone, I want to make sure we are doing everything possible to help our older residents."

THE GLOBE
Posted By: Nigel Re: Wirral pensioners sign up for Council Tax cut - 7th Apr 2011 7:35am
Who makes up the short fall may I ask?
Originally Posted by Nigel
Who makes up the short fall may I ask?
The council workers who lost their jobs probably!
I know pensioners have been hit especially hard by the doubling of Council Tax over the last few years.

And the rest of us havent? Lol...
With a bit of luck I will fall off my perch before I get to 75. Fixed income and rising inflation are not good bedfellows. Tried to get a bit of a job but obviously my age counts against me now but the b......ds are still taking tax off my pension.

NALOL
© Wirral-Wikiwirral