Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Shell To Sell Stanlow Refinery for $1.3billion - 30th Mar 2011 9:45am
Originally Posted by BBC News
Royal Dutch Shell has agreed to sell Stanlow refinery, the UK's second-biggest oil refinery, to India's Essar Energy in a deal worth $1.3bn (£814m).

The Stanlow plant near Ellesmere Port employs 960 people and accounts for about 15% of total production from the UK's oil refineries.

Essar said it had no plans to make any redundancies at the plant, which refines 270,000 barrels of oil a day.

The deal is expected to be completed in the second half of this year.

So much for Danny888 claiming quite a few times, hand on heart, and citing his source as a family member high up the heir-achy within Shell, that Stanlow makes a miserly £250,000 per year... working out at a rate of 400,000 USD, it would take them 35 years to even turn a profit looooooooooooool.

BBC News Report
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shell To Sell Stanlow Refinery for $1.3billion - 30th Mar 2011 9:53am
Originally Posted by MattLFC

So much for Danny888 claiming quite a few times, hand on heart, and citing his source as a family member high up the heir-achy within Shell, that Stanlow makes a miserly £250,000 per year... working out at a rate of 400,000 USD, it would take them 35 years to even turn a profit looooooooooooool.

raftl

Just been reading about this. You beat me to posting it.. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shell To Sell Stanlow Refinery for $1.3billion - 30th Mar 2011 10:03am
I believe Stanlow produces almost 20% of all UK petrol.

£250,000 a year profit from 20% of the entire UK supply of petrol means that there really isn't all that much money in petrol. I think Danny had his facts wrong.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Shell To Sell Stanlow Refinery for $1.3billion - 30th Mar 2011 10:14am
Originally Posted by Alex85
I believe Stanlow produces almost 20% of all UK petrol.

£250,000 a year profit from 20% of the entire UK supply of petrol means that there really isn't all that much money in petrol. I think Danny had his facts wrong.

Reckon so, interesting that the likes of BPpetrol stations don't even have a mark up on fuel not sure about shell
To be fair, he did say that was the profit on petrol...

However, for more reliable numbers, the Daily Post states, for H1 2010, Stanlow made EBITDA profits of £39m. Whether that is normal, lower or higher isn't stated.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral