Forums
Posted By: nicky Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 3:30pm
Just heard that the scrapyard on corporation rd is on fire. The one next to the dogsplace. Not heard any sirens tho.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 4:12pm
Is there anywhere not on fire today in Birkenhead? think
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 4:21pm
Its neptunes
Posted By: nicky Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 4:32pm
Is it the back or front? Radio said cleveland st but i was told it was corpy rd. Them scrapyards seem to be constantly being set on fire lately!
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 4:44pm
Neptunes is on Cleveland street
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 4:48pm
Smoke was everywhere peeps blues and twos zooming down about 3.40 smile
Posted By: lawton Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 4:54pm
been on fire all afternoon apparently, my brother just told me as he works just up the road from there
Posted By: nicky Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 4:58pm
Me too but didnt hear a thing haha. Took me ages to get home.
Posted By: johncon Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 5:04pm
I phoned neptune this afternoon for parts you can imagine the reply I got !!!!!!!!!!!
nono
Posted By: IanPenny Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 5:04pm
A5030 Merseyside - A5030 Cleveland Street in Birkenhead closed in both directions between the Livingstone Street junction and the Marshall Street junction, because of a serious fire at Neptune Car Spares.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 5:22pm
Not much to see by time I got there. Got some pics will get them up soon. wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 6:04pm
Just went past, fire crews still there, wonder what started it?
Posted By: scary Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 6:16pm
hi just went past but only managed to get one picture there is also a platform ladder next door spraying into neptunes not much more to see

[Linked Image]
Posted By: johncon Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 6:19pm
Its a scrap yard Ste pretty obvious realy.
I am amazed there are not far more scrapyard fires
oxy accetylene and fuel/oil are not good when they come together
This may or may not have been the cause but as long as no one was hurt the cause is not realy important
oldman
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 6:58pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 7:11pm
Road closed following blaze at Wirral car parts firm

CLEVELAND Street in Birkenhead is closed to traffic following a fire at a car parts firm this afternoon.

Fire crews were called to Neptune Car Spares at around 3pm to reports of a blaze, involving 10 vehicles.

The cause of the blaze is not yet known and there are no reports of any injuries.

Eyewitnesses recalled seeing a huge ball of flame.

Fire crews are still at the scene. A fire service spokesman said investigations into the cause of the blaze will begin once it has been put out.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 7:40pm
Nice pics you 2 smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 7:48pm
God bless the power of wiki members smile I can see whats going on from the command centre!!
Posted By: kermit Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 7:59pm
Good Pic's I am trying to place were about on clevland street it is.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 8:03pm
Originally Posted by kermit
Good Pic's I am trying to place were about on clevland street it is.
Birkenhead by duke st lol smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 8:06pm
kermit, come out of your house and head towards the bridge, go over it and turn right, keep going till you come to another round about, turn 1st left come to some lights and take a left, it should be on your left!
Posted By: kermit Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 8:09pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
kermit, come out of your house and head towards the bridge, go over it and turn right, keep going till you come to another round about, turn 1st left come to some lights and take a left, it should be on your left!

Sanchez I couldn't possible walk round there this time a night, People will think I am a lady of the night. blush
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 8:11pm
Good point, especially with it being a stones throw from corpyroad! maybe a nosey another day smile
Posted By: kermit Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 8:35pm
yer I will when all the commotion has died down, or I could just sit on here and get all the info.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 28th Mar 2011 8:49pm
Thats how i roll!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 29th Mar 2011 10:12am
so many round that area there must be a fire starter involved methinks.
Got accosted on Clevey myself, "Looking for business?"
"No thanks." It's gone down hill since I used to live on there.
Posted By: nicky Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 30th Mar 2011 6:06pm
Its in the wirral news, it was accidental. Sparks which were generated in the cutting up process lit residual fuel remaining in the scrap vehicles. It was spread over 25 cars.
One man suffered burns to his arm.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 30th Mar 2011 7:34pm
Was in there today talking to Billy, the owner. As Nicky says, was a spark from cutting out an engine, caught some fuel and flared up. Most of the cars that were torched were crushed waiting to be weighed in and a pile of bumpers etc that caught light. They said that the first fire crew on the scene just ambled into the yard and cleared it, then they couldnt get any water pressure up. Had hoses running down the side streets in the end!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 30th Mar 2011 7:53pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Was in there today talking to Billy, the owner. As Nicky says, was a spark from cutting out an engine, caught some fuel and flared up. Most of the cars that were torched were crushed waiting to be weighed in and a pile of bumpers etc that caught light. They said that the first fire crew on the scene just ambled into the yard and cleared it, then they couldnt get any water pressure up. Had hoses running down the side streets in the end!

Where ever there is trouble, you'll be sure to find hoseman not too far away grin
Posted By: hoseman Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 31st Mar 2011 6:42pm
Honest Ossifer, wasnt me i was somewhere else doing something else with someone else....Watertihght that alibi!!! dunno
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Fire at Neptune Car Spares Birkenhead - 31st Mar 2011 9:49pm
Apparently the fire did get quite close to the oxy-acetylene which was being used for the cutting, hence why so much of the area was blocked....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral