Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 21st Mar 2011 8:50pm
Police warning to women after girl assaulted in Moreton

Police are warning woman to avoid unlit areas in Moreton after a teenage girl was assaulted on her way home from visiting friends.

The 16-year-old was walking along Pasture Lane towards Leasowe railway station where she intended to catch a bus.

The teenager took a short-cut through an alley which leads to the front of the station and was approached from behind by a man in a balaclava who pushed her against a fence.

Police say the attacker tried to grab her but she was able to break free and ran off.

The disturbing incident took place at about 11.45pm, last Thursday, March 17.

Detective Inspector Dave McCaughrean said: "I am keen to hear from anyone who may have information which could help us in this investigation.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to remind women to be extra vigilant, and take care when they go out at night.

"Try to avoid unlit or dark areas, and if you can, stay with someone you know.

"Where possible always carry a personal attack alarm."

A 15-year-old youth from Eastham has been arrested on suspicion of assault and has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 10:36am
didnt the same thing happen a couple of years back
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 10:38am
Probably quite common!
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 10:38am
am sure it was on crimewatch
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 10:42am
Pasture Lane? Do they mean Pasture Avenue?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 10:52am
Or Pasture Road, towards Moreton station?

It's all a bit confusing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 10:54am
Originally Posted by polo_phil
Pasture Lane? Do they mean Pasture Avenue?

Ah, Pasture Ave runs from Pasture Road through to near enough Leasowe Station, so you're probably right.

Damn journalists!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 10:59am
It is Pasture Avenue. At the end of the avenue is a alley which leads to leasowe station. Maybe they class that as pasture lane.?
WTF was a kid of that age doing walking somewhere like that at that time of night no
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 11:46am
I blame the parents!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 11:49am
Originally Posted by Alex85
I blame the parents!

withthat
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 11:59am
Pasture Av they mean, As others have said what was she doing on her own there anyway, may aswell take a leisurely stroll past the Oyster while at it.

Didn't deserve that though in all fairness
Absolutely Nelzy - no one deserves this and in a perfect world eveyone could walk everywhere and anywhere without a problem - unfortunately those days are long gone
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 4:45pm
thinking of buying my daughter a

Attached picture advancedtaser.jpg
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 4:49pm
Good idea Jabber,but here with our silly laws it would most likely end up your daughter getting done!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 4:50pm
better to get done than have to live and deal with the mental torment following an attack such as this !
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 4:58pm
Yes i agree!
They should have their plums pulled off!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 5:39pm
Why on earth is a 16 year old girl walking round the streets at that time anyway? and more to the point do buses even run at that time???

I smell some bullshit lying here from her.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 5:49pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Absolutely Nelzy - no one deserves this and in a perfect world eveyone could walk everywhere and anywhere without a problem - unfortunately those days are long gone

Your right Softy, its the world we live in, can't see what peiople get out of it
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 5:50pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Why on earth is a 16 year old girl walking round the streets at that time anyway? and more to the point do buses even run at that time???

I smell some bullshit lying here from her.

PossiblY bullshit but the 423 goes along there till about 1230AM
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 6:30pm
I stand corrected! or sit..
Posted By: hoseman Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 7:20pm
If i were you andy, i would sit (in the naughty corner!! LOL)
Cattle prods are quite useful, and you could say you were a young farmer out for a stroll!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 7:46pm
Naughty corner here I come!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 8:54pm
You're not supposed to do that in the naughty corner, Andy...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 9:08pm
i'll do it anywhere, anytime, by any means!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 9:10pm
Hope there's a box of tissues in the naughty corner then... think
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 22nd Mar 2011 9:25pm
The floor will do!
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 23rd Mar 2011 9:25am
Anyone know how i could obtain one of these guns....
Posted By: TheDr Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 23rd Mar 2011 12:01pm
Originally Posted by 2005wireman
Anyone know how i could obtain one of these guns....

America, quite common over there, although as you have to replace the cartridge once it is fired these are more commonly used by the police over distance as the current passes along the wires.

For personal defence a Stun Gun tends to be the norm, basically a handheld device containing a battery and a large capacitor (slightly more complex than that but I'm not going to tell you how to build one smile ) These tend to have two prongs, you push them against the person, press the button, hold it for a few seconds, they fall to the ground (you DO NOT now kick them in the plums, this is considered naughty), what you do is run like hell as depending on how long you held it there and the voltage (the amperage is VERY low) they can be out for anything from a few seconds to 15 mins.

In the UK these are illegal, they are classed as a firearm and if you're found with one you'll definitely be in (a lot of) trouble, don't go ordering them from the States, customs knows what they look like, and can spot the ones made to look like torches/mobile phones etc.

I do agree that the law is a mess, my daughter has always been taught that you do whatever it takes, I'd prefer to pay for a good solicitor than a funeral.
Posted By: bazzoh Re: Girl assaulted in Moreton Pasture Lane - 23rd Mar 2011 7:41pm
just to throw a spanner in the works (and be awkward!) wasnt the attack actually in the alley between Sunfield Road and leasowe station??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral