Forums
Posted By: lovewirral House fire on the Ford kills 6 year old boy - 8th Mar 2011 7:33pm
God this is terrible just read online,Newdales Close
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-38502/Six-year-old-boy-dies-house-fire.html
This is really sad, please I am not having a go, but why do people still not have fire alarms? They are in poundland, if you have no money the fire brigade will give you them and fit them, please if you don't have a smoke/fire alarm, please get some.

My heart goes out to this family
Posted By: Sanchez Re: House fire on the Ford kills 6 year old boy - 8th Mar 2011 8:44pm
RIP man, and yep Averts everyday warning us to put in place fire alarms, A £1 is not alot to save your life.
So sad RIP.The firebrigade fit smoke alarms for free & they come out & .check them every few years as well
Can't add to what has already been posted!
Posted By: cathie Re: House fire on the Ford kills 6 year old boy - 8th Mar 2011 9:06pm
poor baby...I hope his dad recovers xxx
how sad frown rip little one and hugs to the family xxx
This story may be a few years old
R.I.P very sad
Posted By: kermit Re: House fire on the Ford kills 6 year old boy - 8th Mar 2011 9:34pm
very sad thoughts are with the family ,
this seems to be a repeat of a fire a couple of years ago when the father also died later on, cant understand why its being reported again now , it can only bring sadness to the family ,of which i am closly related to .
Posted By: Mally Re: House fire on the Ford kills 6 year old boy - 8th Mar 2011 10:59pm
I think Geofflit is right, this story is a few years old.
Still very sad though.
yeah sad story, Fireman are great coming around with the smoke alrams, they came round to review ours just after Christmas.
still very sad tho
It's very sad indeed but this happened in 2001 and the pain wouldn't get any easier for the poor lad's family.

Why would anyone dig out an old story and re-circulate it like this? I really had to search for this on the Mail Online site so it isn't easily found.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: House fire on the Ford kills 6 year old boy - 9th Mar 2011 11:26am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
It's very sad indeed but this happened in 2001 and the pain wouldn't get any easier for the poor lad's family.

Why would anyone dig out an old story and re-circulate it like this? I really had to search for this on the Mail Online site so it isn't easily found.

withthat
I think all housing associations should fit fire alarms as standard and should be serviced every year when they service the heating
Originally Posted by mistybluered
I think all housing associations should fit fire alarms as standard and should be serviced every year when they service the heating

Why shouldn't people provide their own? They get their heating serviced every year too???? I think I've missed a trick here.
Posted By: geofflit Re: House fire on the Ford kills 6 year old boy - 10th Mar 2011 3:23pm
Its even easier than that Ring 0800 731 5958 and get the fire service to supply and fit for free.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral