Forums
Posted By: malthebof Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 3:15pm
Took my dog for a walk this morning around 8.30 at the Gunsite Wallasey and the car park was full of cars with caravans. Has anyone else been there or have any info or how long they have been there.
Malthebof
Posted By: Silverback Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 3:45pm
Mayhap there's a fat wedding at Leasowe Castle?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 3:48pm
Originally Posted by Silverback
Mayhap there's a fat wedding at Leasowe Castle?
lol laugh
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 4:12pm
Probably been washed up with the Irish sea, are more boulders going to be needed?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 5:09pm
i nearly ran one over t other day coming through bidston hill, it was walking in t middle of road swigging a bottle of cider, would of seen my ass if my car got damaged by it.

omg
Posted By: Teardrop Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 5:14pm
yes cos every Traveller is from ireland and fat, I can say every one from the wirral are workshy, its not true is it, i was a traveller, happy i'm not now, I've had to put up with people spitting at me from the age of five, whats so bad if they are there ? you'll say well they rob, which is bull yes some do, but can you say with hand on heart that theres no one who robs in your street? everyone as feeling, ok my rant is over.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 5:19pm
Originally Posted by Teardrop
yes cos every Traveller is from ireland and fat

No-one said that wink

They were on about that program birds watch called "my fat gypsy wedding".

smile
Posted By: Teardrop Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 5:31pm
i know ste hun, soz hope you know what i ment xx i ment they get typedcast as never washing always on the rob and now the tv as started on them. i was not having a go at anyone xxx sorry if it looked that way xxx
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 5:33pm
lol it`s ok, your entitled to your say too wink
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 6:48pm
Passed them yesterday walking the dogs, jealous, looks a good spec.

K
Posted By: DavidB Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 7:15pm
I know there are travellers who deserve their reputation, but there are others who don't. It's just another stereotype that is sometimes justified, but unfair on the others who live honest lives.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 8:36pm
I really dislike prejudice against gypsies or travellers, its time it stopped. ther just people living their lives according to their culture, you get the odd bad penny in all walks of life.x
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 8:55pm
They where all round the back of the old mfi for a few days last week they then moved over the road next to Bidston station for a day or two then disappeared. Looks like they are now at the gunsite car park.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 8:57pm
I can understand your defence of them but,have you actually had first hand experience of them on your doorstep?
We went through a spell of them regulary in New Brighton.
They would knock at your door wanting to read your palm,ask for silver,but they meant £ coin.Not satisfied with that they then wanted old clothes.
They can be really intimidating and agressive.
Local pubs also had alot of problems with them too!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:09pm
Throw the head in, i say!
Not at the travelling community per se...just anybody skaving.....
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:12pm
Will do Rude if they call,NOT!!!!
Posted By: Blondie Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:19pm
When I lived in Oxton, there was a time when a lady would knock 2 or 3 times a day selling tatty keyrings or 'stones' for £2 each. She was very intimidating, and threatened with 'bad luck' if you did not buy. She would shout through the letterbox if you didn't answer! This was just my experience, I know not all are like this. x
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:23pm
Yes that's the sort of thing that I have experienced.
The threat of bad look if you don't buy thier coloured glass bead that you put in the bottom of a vase.
£1 a bag in Wilko's
Posted By: Blondie Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:25pm
We got 'cursed' once !!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:26pm
When i was a kid all the woman would shout back at the Gypsy's, "I hope all your chickens have two heads"
God knows why, perhaps some sort of counter curse.
Posted By: scary Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:43pm
anyone wana buy some pegs.lets leave them to it thay will soon be gone the further from wirral the better. there caravans or motorhomes. are better equipt than half our bloody. council houses.they would even sell you washed up pebbles off the beach as lucky stones.i personaly cant stand them.but every one is entitled to there own say.
Posted By: bitch Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 9:56pm
i remember 5 years ago a gypsy or so called gypsy knocked on my door saying go on by a lucky charm so me being an idiot bought a lucky rabbit charm going back them for 5 pound she said put the above your front door for luck so i did had nothing but bad luck since and to by bloody amazment she is only doing the carboot sale in tramnere rovers selling out of her blue van selling the same old tat thy normaly do in tramnere rovers lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:01pm
Aah. Just leave 'em be.
But if they do come knocking SHUT THE GATE!!
Drives me roumd the fkn bend, peeps not shutting my gate.
Posted By: starakita Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:03pm
I had a gypsy knock at my door once, she told me I would have another baby & it would be a boy my sis oscarpops had a boy not long after so Ithought shed got her wires crossed.The following year I had a baby boy.She also told me one thing that only those close to me would know. on the subject I was going to Elesmere Port & noticed a few caravans up there.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:04pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Aah. Just leave 'em be.
But if they do come knocking SHUT THE GATE!!
Drives me roumd the fkn bend, peeps not shutting my gate.

Put a padlock on it so peeps have to climb over when your not expecting anyone, lol laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:10pm
Bloody good idea, ste thumbsup
I dislike visitors-fk off and leave me alone, i say! grin
Posted By: scary Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:16pm
thats not a good idea because if its padlocked. they would think it was worth summit and nick it and probly sell you the bloody hinges and lock back.
Posted By: bitch Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:18pm
laugh lmfao
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:25pm
there was a gypsy woman in birkenhead town centre on saturday afternoon trying to flog keyrings i said not intrested probably cost more than she paid for them
Posted By: Teardrop Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:27pm
frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 10:28pm
We were threatened with a curse at the door by a peg-selling person once. My mother being who she is said, 'Go on then but you have no power in heaven or on earth to curse me!' Peg-selling person turned tail looking slightly terrified at the words. Maybe this is the best tactic.

Spotted a load of caravans down by Bidston station as I passed on the train on Monday...must be doing the rounds...
Posted By: mark1970 Re: Travellers? - 27th Feb 2011 11:14pm
I used to be tolerant of travellers until I saw the state they left the Red Noses at New Brighton in back in 1992ish. They even had running battles with the police when asked to leave. According to the Globe when they were in Moreton they hurled rocks at a car causing it to crash, killing one of the occupants whilst screaming "burn you b*****d burn" whilst it was on fire. The council had the sense back then to leave shipping containers on all the main roads into New Brighton to block the travellers entry if need be.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 12:06am
Originally Posted by Blondie
We got 'cursed' once !!

well i can be that, i've been cursed 3 times!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 12:10am
Originally Posted by bitch
i remember 5 years ago a gypsy or so called gypsy knocked on my door saying go on by a lucky charm so me being an idiot bought a lucky rabbit charm going back them for 5 pound she said put the above your front door for luck so i did had nothing but bad luck since and to by bloody amazment she is only doing the carboot sale in tramnere rovers selling out of her blue van selling the same old tat thy normaly do in tramnere rovers lol

yep i've seen her,big woman, not dyin of starvation!
Posted By: assassin Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:29am
Originally Posted by Teardrop
yes cos every Traveller is from ireland and fat, I can say every one from the wirral are workshy, its not true is it, i was a traveller, happy i'm not now, I've had to put up with people spitting at me from the age of five, whats so bad if they are there ? you'll say well they rob, which is bull yes some do, but can you say with hand on heart that theres no one who robs in your street? everyone as feeling, ok my rant is over.
yer what she said
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 8:30am
too easy to tar people with the same brush where travellers are concerned
Posted By: Tatey Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 8:38am
I wouldn't let my daughter marry one!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 8:47am
Its the same with everyone / everything, there are just a few that give the rest a bad name.

What gets me though, is when they get a plot of land, the so called "travellers" build little chalets to live in think

...they then complain when they get ripped down as they didnt have planning permission. Sorry, but rules for perminant UK residents also apply to "travellers".
Posted By: bert1 Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 8:50am
This may help.
http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/community/travellers/faq.htm
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 9:28am
A curse and a six pack of peggs! Give me a traveller as a next door neighbour anytime rather than the piece of good English stock I have to put up with,I know they are "only an anexample" rather than the rule.We should apply the same reasoning to all and take people as we find them. Stop making travellers look like a bunch of MPs
Posted By: Homer Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 9:38am
yes Give me a traveller as a next door neighbour to, we've got an ASBO family next door, who make shameless look like heaven.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 9:54am
Originally Posted by summer01
can this be locked please ?

Why? confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 9:55am
Blocking up public car parks, leaving their mess behind them, dodging tax but at the same time costing tax payers money.

Rough, dirty, intimidating.

What's not to like eh?

Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 9:56am
Are we talking about taxi drivers now
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:03am
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon

laugh

Very good!

On a serious note, these travellers are practically lawless.

I witnessed an RCA a couple of weeks ago over in Liverpool. Horrible little gypsys jump out and run off after causing what was a serious accident.

The bloke they hit was dazed and confused. I chased them, and took a picture of them for the police and in the process was threatened with knee capping and my car being trashed.

Police turn up and when I mention they sounded like gypsies and pointed in the direction they were running, the police inform me there's a big camp on Oil Street and a large traveller funeral taking place.

Good news I say, here's the picture, go and get them.

No point is the response, car not insured, taxed, no MOT.

He told me he has turned up looking for a "John Smith" before with a search warrant, only for 20 of the horrible little fuckers to come forward.

They don't exist in the system, no record of birth, no National Insurance, just a horrible spot on society that nobody can get rid of and they do exactly what they want and know exactly this.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:03am
can this be locked please ?

There is no need what so ever why this topic should be moved or locked. If you don't like what's getting posted don't look in this topic...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:04am
Lol laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:08am
Back on topic, excellent response from Alex smile

Originally Posted by Alex85
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon

laugh

Very good!

On a serious note, these travellers are practically lawless.

I witnessed an RCA a couple of weeks ago over in Liverpool. Horrible little gypsys jump out and run off after causing what was a serious accident.

The bloke they hit was dazed and confused. I chased them, and took a picture of them for the police and in the process was threatened with knee capping and my car being trashed.

Police turn up and when I mention they sounded like gypsies and pointed in the direction they were running, the police inform me there's a big camp on Oil Street and a large traveller funeral taking place.

Good news I say, here's the picture, go and get them.

No point is the response, car not insured, taxed, no MOT.

He told me he has turned up looking for a "John Smith" before with a search warrant, only for 20 of the horrible little fuckers to come forward.

They don't exist in the system, no record of birth, no National Insurance, just a horrible spot on society that nobody can get rid of and they do exactly what they want and know exactly this.
Posted By: assassin Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:09am
eerrr Teardrop was a traveller shes not Rough, dirty, intimidating. but don't worry as she is not on here on more same with zipp, but remember in your perfect world, theres no smackheads, no robbers and no pedos. watch you don't tip on your halo.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:19am
Summer go an spam somewhere else please..
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:28am
It would be nice if some people used proper English.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:41am
Originally Posted by _jase_
Summer go an spam somewhere else please..
dont worry lol your no good

Am lost???) can you use proper English. think
Posted By: feisort Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 11:36am
all us non travelling joskins are whiter than white I suppose??

I know quite a few people from the roma community, some who live in houses others who are active travellers, some of the nicest people you will meet, decent honest people. just like a lot of irish travellers are too, its a pity a lot of non travellers dont have morals like they do.
Posted By: woodley Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 11:51am
Many, many years ago when I was a primary school kid, there was a little boy whose name was Derek. He lived in a camp of Romany Gypsies in the area of Carlett Park College in Eastham Woods. In those times our parents always told us to run away from Gypsies. This is what I did and all the rest of the kids did too. I very often think of this little boy as he positively sparkled because he was so clean. He had black shiny hair which was always neatly combed, but he always looked so sad. I have told many people [including my kids] that the way we all ostracised him is one of my big regrets in life. The memory has stuck with me all these years. How that little boy felt, I can only Guess. Having said that, if a Romany knocked on my door selling pegs or wax flowers today, I would not be welcoming at all [an understatement]. I would also like to know when they started calling them "travellers" instead of "Gypsies".
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 12:01pm
I think they are different breeds gypsies were mainly romany travellers are mainly irish tinkers

gypsie romany have a entirely different language

the romany gypsies have been complaining to the tv company about big fat gypsie weddings that they should not call it gypsie but travellers weddings
because they are giving true romany gypsies a bad name
Posted By: woodley Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 12:39pm
Thanks poodlepup, I was just curious. The Gypsies in my young days lived in those colourful caravans which were pulled by horses. These sound VERY different.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 12:54pm
Bloody Gypsy Woman...

[youtube]_KztNIg4cvE[/youtube]
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 12:55pm
yes those old caravans are lovely don't see them anymore which is a shame

its also a shame that there are a few bad travellers that give all travellers a bad name

the councils and police give them a hard time and i think thats whats wrong
they should provide somewhere for them to stay ,there is a place just outside wrexham where the council have built a caravan site with toilets and showers for travellers/gypsies to use they have been there years now and have not caused any problems they keep the site tidy and all the locals seem quite happy with it

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 2:54pm
In my opinion, thieving or not, they leave a mess behind them which needs clearing up by somebody and guess who pays for that?

It's us lot who pay our taxes on a monthly basis.

Even if they lived a quiet little life and didn't earn money through dishonest means, they still cost US money and contribute NOTHING.

If I bought a caravan and parked it up on council or private property, how long do you think I'd last living out of it?

They have nowhere to register their cars to, they have nowhere to send council tax bills to, they don't even have official names!

They are living outside of the law and the accepted norms that us law abiding citizens come to accept as part of life. They are practically untouchable and they know this, they play on it.

To me, this isn't a debate about whether they are nicely groomed or tidy, or whether they thieve and live a dishonest life, it's about the fact they we support them in the same way we support any other dole scrounger, with one exception - they are pretty much above the law.

Look at some of the cars they drive and the expensive caravans a lot of them have - they couldn't if they were giving 40% of their earnings away to the government and then out of the remaining 60% they had to pay utility bills, council tax and the like.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 2:59pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
yes those old caravans are lovely don't see them anymore which is a shame

They can afford brand spanking new ones now, so they don't need rickety old horse-drawn affairs. They can tow them with their Q7! (tongue in cheek, but a certain element of truth)

its also a shame that there are a few bad travellers that give all travellers a bad name

You really think it's a few?

the councils and police give them a hard time and i think thats whats wrong

No, you're right, they should just leave them alone and let them get on with it... confused

they should provide somewhere for them to stay ,there is a place just outside wrexham where the council have built a caravan site with toilets and showers for travellers/gypsies

Really? We should pay our council tax so that the council can provide them with shower facilities and a nice cozy plot of land? Are you really happy with this? Why not give them access to your back garden? Take them tea and cakes every now and again, let them use your water, that you pay for?

Why not just give them a bed?

Life is about give and take, not just take what they can, what they're not entitled to, just because they turned up and settled on some private land.

I'm off to see the council, I've got a few £k to build a lovely 4 bedroom detached house, I just can't afford the land, maybe they will just give me some?

Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 3:14pm
They pay council tax on the site i know and they have owned some of the land for 70 years so they did buy it
the rickerty old ones are worth more than the new ones

if you read the posts there are different types the ones we usually see tarmacing selling pegs lucky charms are irish tinkers travellers
romany gypsies are not seen often because the councils have baracaded every piece of common land so now they cannot let the horses graze
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 3:19pm
They pay council tax on the site i know and they have owned some of the land for 70 years so they did buy it

Then they are within their rights to live there.

Now, do they all commute to their day jobs? Do they work in and around the Wrexham area and contribute back to the society that has helped them out?

I find myself doubting.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 3:23pm
Alex do you run the BNP ?
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 3:31pm
i don't know what they contribute they pay council tax which is more than the dole scroungers we have

its their culture way of life to live in a caravan
like we want to live in houses and we expect the council to provide homes for us
so why not provide a field where they can park up
common land belongs to all of us so let all of us use it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 3:51pm
i don't know what they contribute they pay council tax which is more than the dole scroungers we have

Completely different subject and not one I find acceptable either.

its their culture way of life to live in a caravan

That's not what I have against them, it truly isn't. I have acquaintances who live up on Park Lane Caravan Park...

like we want to live in houses and we expect the council to provide homes for us

With all due respect, we clearly have different values because I most certainly DO NOT expect the council to provide a home for me. Just so that is clear. Nor do they provide a home for me.

so why not provide a field where they can park up
common land belongs to all of us so let all of us use it

Does it not belong to the tax payer? Please, when you say 'us', don't lump me in there too.

Listen, I'm not looking for an argument here, and I will respect your views on it, but we're not singing from the same hymn sheet and suspect we never will. So we just need to agree to disagree on this perhaps?

My take on life is that if you want something, you work for it, you're not automatically entitled to it because you find yourself on this earth. We all need to pay our way.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 3:51pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck

No, but admittedly I am rather right wing.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 3:59pm
no i don't expect everything for nothing
i too have not expected council to house me but there are rather a lot that do
so live and let live
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:04pm
no i don't expect everything for nothing
i too have not expected council to house me but there are rather a lot that do
so live and let live

That's just the sort of attitude that will keep us, as a country, on the bones of our arse.

Everyone just accepts the people that want everything for nothing, then feel sorry for them when someone who gives a shit gives them a bit of a verbal bashing.

Ah well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:09pm
you know that entered my mind . and if thats the case with him eddtheduck ,i wouldn t have nothing to do woth folks like that i am ok with any person , colour race culture at the end off the day we are still human . i think we can t critise travlers as i have poeple chuck rubbish out there cars never mind leaving rubbish behind . i have alot of freinds all walks of life and i wouldn t say anything bad against them even teardrop is my mate .

Oh give over.

I couldn't give a toss what colour they are, if they were bright green and milking the system then I'd have the same views.

We CAN criticise travellers, because they leech of anyone and anything they possibly can.

Replace traveller with anyone who believes they have the right to things without having to lift a finger and my opinion remains the same, whether that's someone who goes around stealing, lives off the dole through choice, scams the welfare system, the list goes on.

It just so happens that this thread is titled 'travellers'.

I've been brought up by parents who know right from wrong, who have morals and ethics, whom have passed them on to me. I worked hard to get my degree, working every hour I possibly could around my studies to support myself and so I could drive the car I wanted, buy the clothes I wanted etc.

I begrudge that now I have a job, I am giving away a rather large chunk of my income, only for it to be used to support people who believe they are simply entitled to it.

Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:25pm
yes i agree with you about everyone expecting everything for nothing this country has gone to the dogs
i too have worked hard for every thing i have

wether they are dole scroungers or travellers it makes no difference they both drain our taxes
so i say live and let live if you don't like this country go somewhere else
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:26pm
Took me a while to understand why my post was quoted with no response, then I noted "I work hard too Alex".

Summer, nobody is suggesting you don't.

At this point, I'm not casting aspersions on anyone.

so i say live and let live if you don't like this country go somewhere else

Oh, those wheels are firmly in motion.

However, I ask you, why the hell should I leave the country I was born in, that both myself and my parents have worked hard in and contributed to - because of feral ....

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:30pm
No hard feelings Summer, of course not, apologies if it's come across differently.

People will always have differences of opinion. Way of life!
Posted By: assassin Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:35pm
this gets my goat, have you ever spoke to a traveller? what system are they milking, as they can't claim as they moved every other week and if they sign, it takes 6 weeks to do so by which time there moved on, it people like you who think they're better then everyone else, lets hope you never lose you job and are down on your luck, don't you thing the people on the dole feel bad, without someone saying there .... remember people do have feelings.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:44pm
About a year ago a gang of gypsy knocked and asked if they had any scrap of metal to which the answer is no. Next day woke up to find the trampoline half dismantled and only left was the bouncy bit...wonderful. smirk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:44pm
Yep, well done Assassin, steam in.

Replace traveller with anyone who believes they have the right to things without having to lift a finger and my opinion remains the same, whether that's someone who goes around stealing, lives off the dole through choice, scams the welfare system, the list goes on.

Now, I draw your attention to the above, in particular that bit in bold.

Now answering another question of yours, yes I've spoken to a traveller, not through choice though, but because they were running away from the scene of a serious RTC, well I say spoke to, it was more threatened by.

If I'm ever down on my luck, I will be happy in the knowledge that any help or handouts I am given will have been part funded by the years of paying into the system, oh, and happy in the knowledge that when I get another job (as soon as humanly possible) I would continue to pay into the system.

There's more to costing the tax payer money than signing on, you do understand that, right?
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:45pm
Alex calling people feral ... is going a bit too far

our country will always support the less well off wether we like it or not thats why i suggested moving to another country

as to why you should move well you seem to be very resentfull about you and your family supporting them with all your taxes
or start a revolution
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 4:50pm
your not so bad are you Alex ?

Outspoken, vocal, opinionated... yes.

Bad, I like to think not.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 5:50pm
he's certainly not a laugh summer
Posted By: mark1970 Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 6:10pm
POOR Irish travellers? I think not!

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/index.php?aid=6517

I wish I had their money.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 6:22pm
he's certainly not a laugh summer
no ? is he boring then lol

All about perceptions.

One mans horrible gypsy is another mans top bloke.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 6:35pm
Time for a break peeps?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 7:03pm
watch lol your spamming you need to go to chat now am not see you xx

Wow, Summer; you write a lot of stuff which is difficult to understand, but that beats the lot.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 10:33pm
Who ever started this topic should be shot . i think the case it takes all kinds to make a world and because you live on the road it life . its the same with race and religion and culture same thing . i thought maybe a mod or even Mark would remove this topic . At least the traveler gets traveling too see whats going on around them and wake up to the world .There is a freind of mine who is a traveler and that person is nice and to be critisied for what you are. Is not nice. i know personally you aint getting at this person but you need to calm down on the personal opinions of how poeple are . there more poeple scrounging off beneifits than travlers so no one can critise anybody each person is just as bad so if you s think you have a halo wrong .

well said summer, the moderaters should have stepped in here, if somebody was targetting muslims or black skinned people they wouldnt stand for it, get over yourselves people
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 11:49pm
Originally Posted by sarahdavo
Who ever started this topic should be shot . i think the case it takes all kinds to make a world and because you live on the road it life . its the same with race and religion and culture same thing . i thought maybe a mod or even Mark would remove this topic . At least the traveler gets traveling too see whats going on around them and wake up to the world .There is a freind of mine who is a traveler and that person is nice and to be critisied for what you are. Is not nice. i know personally you aint getting at this person but you need to calm down on the personal opinions of how poeple are . there more poeple scrounging off beneifits than travlers so no one can critise anybody each person is just as bad so if you s think you have a halo wrong .

well said summer, the moderaters should have stepped in here, if somebody was targetting muslims or black skinned people they wouldnt stand for it, get over yourselves people

<shakes head>

If it were blacks, yellows, greens, blues or the Scottish doing what they are doing...

My response would be the same.
Posted By: Homer Re: Travellers? - 28th Feb 2011 11:59pm
Alex sorry if I get this wrong, but it look like your only trying to get peoples backs up, why are you trying to get a reaction ? let it go, so much anger is not good for you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 12:17am
Originally Posted by Homer
Alex sorry if I get this wrong, but it look like your only trying to get peoples backs up, why are you trying to get a reaction ? let it go, so much anger is not good for you.

Apology accepted...

All ive done is air my views, sometimes these views conflict with others.

Its all healthy debate with no anger involved.

I don't hold anyone elses views against them.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 12:19am
I think Alex's comments are valid, it is no secret that there are some bad travelling communities out there.

The bad travellers are not only a nuisance to non-travellers but also responsible for spoiling everything for other travellers.

Ultimately the bad ones are selfish parasites and communities should be concerned about them.

The travellers are not all fairytale gypsies and of course people should discuss this matter.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 7:49am
having spent many years a "traveller" in britain, i find many of the opinions so blinkered and offensive. Not all travellers sponge off the state and break the law

typical mentallity and attitudes thumbsdown
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 9:00am
Everyone is going to have different views on all sorts of things in life. No not ALL travellers are the same but then not everyone who claims the dole is a 'scrounger', those who use it honestly like my partner who lost his job but was back in work 8 weeks later, not every woman who has a baby at 18-20 is 'another' terrible teenage mum who claims a free house and everything else they can, not everyone from Liverpool is a thieving drug taking scouser, not every Muslim is a terrorist, not every woman is a bad driver, not every man thinks with his ****... The list goes on... Its the bad ones that give all others the 'reputation' they get so if people have issues with Alexs opinions because he had a bad experience think of who you've had a bad experience with and whether that has made you 'pigeon hole' them.... The only thing wrong with this country is that your not allowed an opinion anymore without being accused of being racist, sexist, or discriminating or bullying or harassing.... I think you'd find theres alot more people with Alexs opinion they're just afraid to speak up because of this reason. Its people like Alex who speak out that make all other good changes happen. The mods where right to keep this topic open! Unfortunately we cant just delete things we don't like in life but you can try avoid them....
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 9:32am
Originally Posted by malthebof
Took my dog for a walk this morning around 8.30 at the Gunsite Wallasey and the car park was full of cars with caravans. Has anyone else been there or have any info or how long they have been there.
Malthebof
back to the original post malthebof they've been there coming up to 3weeks now.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 9:38am
A lot of sense in that post, ema_lou.
Posted By: starakita Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 10:05am
There are travellers in Ellesmere Port where my daughter lives but she said you very rarely see them,on the way to her house there's council houses a lot of them have caravans on the drives, maybe they are travellers who have decided to settle.The only time they were noticed was when there was a traveller wedding.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 1:28pm
Perhaps not a correct opinion but in my experience, some the bad travellers tend to be in larger convoys and have a proportionally bigger impact on the communities they land on.

As I said previously, they spoil it for others.

I am curious about the travellers that buy land and settle there (legitimately or not) but still call themselves travellers. What's that about???

At Ellesmere Port by the boat museum, the police usually have 24hr surveillance when travellers park up there, I found this out when I almost crashed into the parked up police car, twice - whoops ociffer.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 3:57pm
Im against alex,s opinion not because he has an opinion, but because he is narrow minded enough to assume that because he had a bad experience with a traveller once, that all travellers are getting tar with his dismissive brush. how sad if people who had bad experience with a neighbour, then distrusted all neighbours, how sad if a muslim punched you, and you assume all muslims are going to punch you, how sad, if a black man groped you, would you assume all black men would grope you, etc etc etc, ther is nothing wrong with a point of view, as long as you keep things in perspective. I doubt alex has ever had a deep and meeningful conversation with a traveller, i think its more likely people are uncomfortable with things, people places they don,t understand, if you dont understand something then it may make you feel uncomfortable. any way i guess we can agree to disagree, personally i prefer to give people a chance, but thats just me, each to ther own, evan you alex lol x
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:03pm
well said each to their own but calling travellers and dole scroungers feral ... is very offensive

wonder if he would say that to peoples faces
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:05pm
Well I've had experience of 4 travelling groups and all of them have been unpleasant, including a substantial amount of law-breaking which they seem to get away with if they agree to move on (provided their petrol is paid for and the legality of their vehicles is also ignored).

I'm taking other people's word that there are good travelling groups.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:09pm
Do they collect scrap metal?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:09pm
well said each to their own but calling travellers and dole scroungers feral ... is very offensive

wonder if he would say that to peoples faces

Probably not, because these people care less about consequences than the rest of us and I quite value my looks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:15pm
I'm against Alex's opinion not because he has an opinion, but because he is narrow minded enough to assume that because he had a bad experience with a traveller once, that all travellers should be tarred with his dismissive brush.

how sad if people who had bad experience with a neighbour, then distrusted all neighbours, how sad if a muslim punched you, and you assume all muslims are going to punch you, how sad, if a black man groped you, would you assume all black men would grope you, etc etc etc, ther is nothing wrong with a point of view, as long as you keep things in perspective. I doubt alex has ever had a deep and meeningful conversation with a traveller, i think its more likely people are uncomfortable with things, people places they don,t understand, if you dont understand something then it may make you feel uncomfortable. any way i guess we can agree to disagree, personally i prefer to give people a chance, but thats just me, each to ther own, evan you alex lol x

I started to edit this post to make it easier to read but I gave up.

I think I get the general point you are trying to get across but you are using awful examples.

If they made a TV series on how Muslims went round punching people as a way of life then yes I would expect all Muslims to punch me.

I really can't think of anything else to say, a 'deep and meaningful' conversation with a traveller? Erm, no thanks. They probably are as nice as pie if you agree with them.

I don't.

I also stick by my original opinion that dole scroungers are feral ....

* Not sure if I need to clarify again but for the avoidance of doubt, dole scroungers refers to those on the dole through choice, not necessity.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:33pm
ok so my examples were rubish but you kinda got my point lol, not sure i can agree with you on your choice of words for dole scroungers feral ..., does seem extremly strong language. although i agree with your sentiments regards scroungers through choice and not necesity
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:35pm
wow did the person who started this thread bank on the emotive subject that it has turned out to be.

he only said ther are travellers newbrighton i think lol haha
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 4:49pm
[/quote]my new house mate is muslim and he is nice and polite wouldnt punch me [/quote]

Im sure he wouldnt it was an attempt at an analogy by me to make a point.

" he might blow you up though " lol i couldnt resist it, this is the whole irony of this type of thread, stereotyping.

befor anybody starts it was a joke xx
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 5:42pm
haha summer you,ve got a good sence of humour lol xxx
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 5:50pm
many years of travelling sees a big diversity in what you call travellers the main " social classes " being

1 gypos....the ones who drive round in flash vehicles big campers top quality clothing and cause a nightmare to local people no matter where they crop up, through stealing burgalry damaging property etc the list is endless

2 travellers... people who go about there lives quietly living from a van , moving from farm to farm working the land for a living, moving around the country following the seasonal farm/fruit work. generally mellow people wanting to live alongside nature and be left alone !

3 without a hint of racism here then you get the irish gypsies, now they are a law unto themselves

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 5:55pm
Summer, I just spat my coffee out!! Haha.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 5:56pm
the irish gypsies try and sell you your own caravans lol
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 5:57pm
frustrates me when people say travellers sign on and sponge dole. 5 yrs travelling and not a penny off the state !
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:10pm
So there is a caste system amongst the 'travelling' community?...interesting
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:11pm
good on ya jabber,people should look closer to home
there's bad people from all walks of life

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:11pm
How can travellers get money off the dole with no house anyroad?
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:13pm
you couldnt ! it used to take approx 6 weeks in one place with an address to be able to claim

therefore peoples opinions are not based on full facts

im sure there are/were hundreds of people travelling now and then going to sign on at "home" everyfortnight

BUT NOT ALL !
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:14pm
Originally Posted by jabber
frustrates me when people say travellers sign on and sponge dole. 5 yrs travelling and not a penny off the state !

Did you used to steal your diesel from the wagons while the drivers were sleeping?

wink
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:15pm
its like saying seacombe is full of chavs n scumbags who want to rob you

yes there may well be some, but the majority of people there arent like that !
Posted By: kermit Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:40pm
There are some nice chav's and great ... bags in seacombe i'll have you know.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 6:40pm

Can't see where anyone has said that?
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 7:01pm

We CAN criticise travellers, because they leech of anyone and anything they possibly can.

Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Travellers? - 1st Mar 2011 7:09pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Did you used to steal your diesel from the wagons while the drivers were sleeping?

wink

roflmao not me i never had a diesel !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 12:27am

Fail
Posted By: woodley Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 1:32am
Alex. Can you tell me how to do that "originally posted" thing and then leave a reply to it. Thanks heaps.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 2:33am
Originally Posted by ruth0339
Alex. Can you tell me how to do that "originally posted" thing and then leave a reply to it. Thanks heaps.
click quick quote at the bottom of post
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 3:22am
Originally Posted by malthebof
Malthebof

Such an innocent question too!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 10:28am
I think their new one might be asking if you want your loft insulating (if you haven't got a drive to tarmac), at least he had a clip board with him. When I said it had already been done he then started asking if it was deep enough to be above the joists, yeeeesss! When I was asked about the tarmac at my old house I'd just had the thing block paved. Not the sharpest pencils in the box but certainly the most persistent.
Posted By: Homer Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 10:34am
Bandy when i get people knocking like that, I just say its rented and the landlord does everything lol never comeback
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 9:46pm
Bandy when i get people knocking like that, I just say its rented and the landlord does everything lol never comeback
withthat
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 10:15pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I think their new one might be asking if you want your loft insulating (if you haven't got a drive to tarmac), at least he had a clip board with him. When I said it had already been done he then started asking if it was deep enough to be above the joists, yeeeesss! When I was asked about the tarmac at my old house I'd just had the thing block paved. Not the sharpest pencils in the box but certainly the most persistent.

You should have said it was deep enough to drown a man with a clipboard in.... mad
Posted By: woodley Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 10:29pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
[quote=ruth0339]Alex. Can you tell me how to do that "originally posted" thing and then leave a reply to it. Thanks heaps.
click quick quote at the bottom of post[/

Thanks Kimpri.quote]
Posted By: woodley Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 10:43pm
you know that entered my mind . and if thats the case with him eddtheduck ,i wouldn t have nothing to do woth folks like that i am ok with any person , colour race culture at the end off the day we are still human . i think we can t critise travlers as i have poeple chuck rubbish out there cars never mind leaving rubbish behind . i have alot of freinds all walks of life and i wouldn t say anything bad against them even teardrop is my mate .

I'd like to ask Summer what she meant when she said EVEN Teardrop is my mate. Why "EVEN" ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 11:32pm
ruth i think summer means because teardrip used to be a traveller at some stage in her life smile
Nothing bad smile

Originally Posted by ruth0339

I'd like to ask Summer what she meant when she said EVEN Teardrop is my mate. Why "EVEN" ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Travellers? - 2nd Mar 2011 11:48pm

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion no

WRONG, so just because you two do not agree with whats being said you think it should be removed?
Nahhh, theres no racism here, like i said before, peeps are entitled to their opinion, if you don`t agree with something just ignore it or debate it without the "this should be removed" chat.

Last but not least, the person who started this topic was simply asking a question, go back to page 1.
You do not shoot people for asking questions summer, behave. whippy

smile
Posted By: Teardrop Re: Travellers? - 3rd Mar 2011 7:24am
1st I don't care what anyone says in here so please, keep it open, everyone as a right to say what they like. yes I was a traveller and can say sometimes I was a right little SOD. I didn't leave over this like I said in chat our internet went off cos i missed paying lol
Posted By: Wench Re: Travellers? - 3rd Mar 2011 1:09pm
Who ever started this topic should be shot .

hey who am i shooting .

See above happy

The topic does not need to be removed. I'm from Irish Romany stock and I don't have a problem with people's attitudes. As has already been stated, there are good and bad everywhere. The issue is that the media don't pick up on any of the good that people like Gypsys/Travellers/Romanys do as it doesn't sell papers or magazines and it doesn't get good tv ratings.

Most people don't know that the likes of my Nan and Great Gran were Romany Gypsies but that's not because I'm ashamed - far from it!! I am me and should be judged as such, not on the "race" of my ancestors. If people have an issue with it, then it is exactly that - their issue!

Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 3rd Mar 2011 1:09pm
Teardrop good to see ya back
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Travellers? - 3rd Mar 2011 1:13pm
Agree about the media,the tv programe recently hasn't helped matters it hasn't really portrayed different types of traveller vey well
Posted By: DavidB Re: Travellers? - 3rd Mar 2011 9:20pm
http://dailymash.shotdeadinthehead.com/product_view.aspx?pid=1000
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Travellers? - 3rd Mar 2011 10:16pm
Do they do an "I hate" version?

(Yes, my tongue is firmly in my cheek).
Posted By: macbanana1957 Re: Travellers? - 15th Nov 2012 1:04pm
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE gYPSY CAMP THAT WAS IN rOCKFERRY BEFORE AND SOME TIME AFTER THE 2ND WAR ?
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Travellers? - 15th Nov 2012 4:05pm
No....but take your caps lock off smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral