Forums
Posted By: mrhanky flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 9:22pm
was driving home through liscard sunday night about 7:30-8:00 ish and the wife saw bright flash in the sky, also seen by couple of people she works with in eastham so must of been quite bright!! any ideas??
Posted By: DavidB Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 9:26pm
Are you sure it wasn't a train going by hitting something on the rails? I remember sitting in the car with a mate year's ago at Raby Mere, and seeing loads of flashes - made us a bit paranoid.
Posted By: SilentReader Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 9:32pm
withthat
Posted By: mrhanky Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 9:52pm
doubt very much it was a train, must be best part of 10 miles from liscard to where the wife works in eastham?
Posted By: nicky Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 10:06pm
I experienced something like this a few years back. I was driving back from the Halfway House in Prenton and drove through Birkenhead, would have been about midnight. Next thing i saw a flash and was panicking that i had been caught speeding. Went back the following day but there was no speed cameras in that area, so have no idea what it was to this day!
Posted By: DavidB Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 10:58pm
Honestly, it'll be electrical discharge after a train's live coupling runs over a bunch of leaves or debris. Leasowe and Eastham are near train lines.
Posted By: kimpri Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 11:03pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
Honestly, it'll be electrical discharge after a train's live coupling runs over a bunch of leaves or debris. Leasowe and Eastham are near train lines.
withthat defo the trains smile
Posted By: mrhanky Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 21st Feb 2011 11:46pm
well if it was the trains it was a bloody big flash to be seen from eastham (by the river) and in liscard.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 22nd Feb 2011 7:03pm
There where no trains running on the hooton line this sunday past due to engineering work !!!!!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 22nd Feb 2011 7:46pm
Solar Storm????
Posted By: Mike304 Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 22nd Feb 2011 11:02pm
I believe I may have seen this from my high-rise flat in Moreton which faces the hilly area of Bolton and Winter Hill. It frequently gets overcast over there when our weather is relatively clear and there can be the odd flash of lightning which usually catches my attention. There was a particularly bright flash a few evenings back (maybe it struck the tv mast). I'm betting that's what you saw smile
Posted By: mrhanky Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 23rd Feb 2011 12:12am
could well be and would explain why was seen in liscard and eastham.
Posted By: Katryn Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 27th Feb 2011 9:26am
Originally Posted by Mike304
I believe I may have seen this from my high-rise flat in Moreton which faces the hilly area of Bolton and Winter Hill. It frequently gets overcast over there when our weather is relatively clear and there can be the odd flash of lightning which usually catches my attention. There was a particularly bright flash a few evenings back (maybe it struck the tv mast). I'm betting that's what you saw smile

which faces the hilly area of Bolton and Winter Hill

oh you made me homesick frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: flash in the sky sunday night - 27th Feb 2011 9:59am
Originally Posted by nicky
I experienced something like this a few years back. I was driving back from the Halfway House in Prenton and drove through Birkenhead, would have been about midnight. Next thing i saw a flash and was panicking that i had been caught speeding. Went back the following day but there was no speed cameras in that area, so have no idea what it was to this day!

That'll be aliens taking a photo of your reg plate - they'll be back for you one day (unless of course Agent Mulder hasn't already foiled their 'car reg abduction' plans...)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral