Forums
Posted By: johncon land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 18th Feb 2011 8:40pm
Any one know anything about possible plans for the 30 acres of land just gone up for sale of Brookhurst ave Bromborough it is mainly woodland and apart from anything else the wildlife disruption could be huge think
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 18th Feb 2011 11:32pm
Its only being offered as being brought back to agricultural use. No building development is specified. There is much other woodland around the area so I can't see disruption to wildlife being counted as an issue.

CLICKY
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 19th Feb 2011 9:10pm
It will take one hell of a lot of work to return it to agricultural use again and the only acsess is over a small bridge cant realy see anyone wanting to buy it unless housing development was possible and that does not seem likley
sherlock
Posted By: Tatey Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 20th Feb 2011 8:55am
Just out of idle curiosity I took the dog for a walk there yesterday. The road at the entrance, by Dibbinsdale Brook is at 62 feet above sea level & the land rises quite steeply from there, but the whole area is like a marsh, very wet & muddy.
Think it would take a lot to revert it to agricultural use.
Posted By: AR_One Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 20th Feb 2011 7:56pm
I'd hope that the agricultual use that it could be put to would be managed woodland or similar but we'll see.

Nyone fancy starting a paintball business?
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 12th Mar 2011 12:00pm
Just checked on the auction site and it sold for £105k have to wait and see what is done with it
think
Posted By: AR_One Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 13th Mar 2011 11:31pm
If there was any possibility of housing permission being granted, it would of gone for more than £150k
Posted By: kermit Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 14th Mar 2011 12:05am
There building houses/apartments on everything now I dont think they care how long the houses last as long as they get them up fast.
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 14th Mar 2011 6:10pm
There is virtualy no chance of building houses on it as planning have said no more access will be allowed off brookhurst ave. and the only access at the moment is via a narrow bridge over the stream.
Access will have to be via surrounding farm land or possibly from the golf club. chances are that it will have nothing done with it for another good few years as it has been left for so long sherlock
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 12th Apr 2011 6:36pm
This land has now been sold does anyone know how to find out what plans there are for it. I have not been up there since sunday but ther does appear to have been some heavy machinery up there
sherlock
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 15th Apr 2011 6:11pm
I have just been up there now and it has just been bulldozed all the trees ripped out and flatten,d how do we go about finding out what the plans are for it ?

Attached picture Photo-0119.jpg
Attached picture Photo-0120.jpg
Attached picture Photo-0121.jpg
Attached picture Photo-0122.jpg
Attached picture Photo-0123.jpg
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 15th Apr 2011 6:12pm
land plans

Attached picture Photo-0124.jpg
Attached picture Photo-0125.jpg
Attached picture Photo-0127.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 15th Apr 2011 6:50pm
It's a great time of the year to be ripping up trees and hedges. I'm sure the nesting birds and other wildlife will be delighted !

Developers and their associated City Slicker ar*elickers will be the first up against the wall !!
Posted By: hoseman Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 15th Apr 2011 7:03pm
Dont know about that but they building houses on the land next to retail park, used to be the car park for cinema/nightclub!!! Was on there today and even the guys onsite cudnt beleive they wud build so close to retail!!
Posted By: zippy49 Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 15th Apr 2011 7:49pm
I have just looked on www.wirral.gov.uk site.There is no planning applications for that land on the site.
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 15th Apr 2011 7:54pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
It's a great time of the year to be ripping up trees and hedges. I'm sure the nesting birds and other wildlife will be delighted !

Developers and their associated City Slicker ar*elickers will be the first up against the wall !!

disgusting all the disruption to wildlife at this time of year
somad
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 16th Apr 2011 8:32am
There'll be plans somewhere or they wouldn't have ripped it out, pretty certain that permission has to be got for ripping trees out. When I was involved in planning permissions objections I found out that the bloke involved worked for the council and also had a family member on the council. All the ground work was done before it even got within sniffing distance of the local population via his privileged position and then the body language between the council officials on the top table and the applicants at the planning meeting had to be seen to be believed. When I put my views forward to one of the council planners I was told "prove it." If you think everything goes by the book then you are living in a dilusional fog. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 16th Apr 2011 12:44pm
Spot on Bandy. The words "council planners" and "bent as a 5/-d note" go well together. Just DON'T get me going on all that malarky !
Posted By: woodley Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 16th Apr 2011 1:27pm
I'm sure I wouldn't know where I was if I came "home". I was there when Bridle Rd. was still the bridle path with a farmyard and nothing but fields everywhere. Used to walk across the fields to get to Heygarth Rd. primary school. Beside the school was also farmland. Allport Rd. still had all the mansions there and......can't go on boohoo
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 16th Apr 2011 2:46pm
Have spoken to a neighbour today who seems quite confident it is being returned to agriculture will just have to wait and see
sherlock
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 16th Apr 2011 3:34pm
Originally Posted by ruth0339
I'm sure I wouldn't know where I was if I came "home". I was there when Bridle Rd. was still the bridle path with a farmyard and nothing but fields everywhere. Used to walk across the fields to get to Heygarth Rd. primary school. Beside the school was also farmland. Allport Rd. still had all the mansions there and......can't go on boohoo

Don't even think of ruth, you're better off where you are. We've lost this country anyway, it's only a matter of time. somad
Posted By: hoseman Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 17th Apr 2011 7:54am
As stated, wouldnt trust council one iota! This country is a joke, everything of value has been stripped away (or sold off to line someones deep pockets), We must be the joke of the world.
Rule Brittannia my arse, cudnt rule shite!
Oh, and its also a shame about the land in Bromborough...! somad
Posted By: johncon Re: land for sale brookhurst ave bromborough - 23rd Apr 2011 1:37pm
Land has apparently been bought by a farmer off the welsh road
Plans to grow cattle feed ect wonder if any of the badger sets have been disturbed there were two or three up there according to local knowlege

sherlock
© Wirral-Wikiwirral