Forums
Posted By: alpacino9 start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 7:28pm
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=172438019468011

can you attend ~??
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 7:41pm
How about posting details here for people who arnt on facebook
Posted By: mrhanky Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 8:06pm
not another bloody pointless protest!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 8:52pm
STANLOW GO SLOW PROTEST/FOOT PROTEST OIL SITES ROAD ELLESMERE PORT

Time 25 February at 19:00 - 26 February at 00:00
Location MEET LORRY PARK CHESTER SERVICES J14 M56
CH2 4QZ
Created by:
Kevin Bowker, Barry Smith, Ian Charlesworth, Stephen Johnstone, Si NorrisShow all (5)
More info GO SLOW NUMBER 2 ....SICK OF PETROL PRICES ....WELL DONT SIT THERE MOANING ABOUT IT AND DO NOTHING ?? JOIN IN AND BRING YA CHAIRS IF YOUR WILLING TO STAY !
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 8:54pm
Oh poo!
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 9:29pm
So let me see if I got this right you want everyone to fill up there cars or make people panic buy the fuel which in turn will make the government and fuel companies get more profits on the misguided concept that by protesting outside a refinery you are going to make the government reduce the prices at the pumps or cause a fuel shortage?
I don't think so somehow do you have shares in shell by any chance?
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 9:41pm
Why do we need to fill our tanks up?. I don't get it. How is a go slow for a couple of hours on the m56 going to effect the supply of fuel to forecourts?.
Posted By: Katryn Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 15th Feb 2011 10:08pm
Go slow protest!
What about people trying to get past getting on with their daily lives and emergency service vehicles getting delayed because of this protest?
Are you going to make way for them?
Not everyone will agree with this.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 12:09am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12250225

this is where your money goes on fuel and you wonder why !!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 12:29am
And driving slowly round stanlow is going to do what?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 8:00am
surely people should try and drive round and protest at a constant 56mph crazy
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 8:51am
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
To get are message across the only way we can peacefully,.. Remember our Government work for us`They are there to represent us.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 9:29am
Fuel's going up in price so drive around pointlessly using fuel up, well that makes a lot of sense to me. Just get on with it until we see this thing through and use your time productively. If fuel is dear then slow down and use less, you only have to do a motorway trip to see the speeds that drivers go at and realise that at the end of the day most people don't give a toss.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 9:36am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Fuel's going up in price so drive around pointlessly using fuel up, well that makes a lot of sense to me. Just get on with it until we see this thing through and use your time productively. If fuel is dear then slow down and use less, you only have to do a motorway trip to see the speeds that drivers go at and realise that at the end of the day most people don't give a toss.

Yrue although I have noticed alot of people going slower as a result, but than I saw c65 boot it past the other day and saw ££££ coming out of the exhaust lol. I havent altered my way of driving what so ever and there is no point of worrying about it as there is nothing any of us can do.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 9:49am
you will soon be complaining next week smile laugh eek

Posted By: BandyCoot Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 10:29am
Getting rid of the Terrano was a big help, then I got rid of the Rover, then the Ford. Just cutting my cloth as I went along, the Aygo suits me now, goes miles on a teaspoonful and it's got a bit of go about it.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 11:15am
Sanchez has hit the nail on the head with...

There's nothing any of us can do
Posted By: DavidB Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 11:21am
Wish this was going to do something, and I'd love to go down, but I can't see it doing anything. If the whole country was organised into something they agree with, then it'd be good.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 4:20pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
If the whole country was organised into something they agree with, then it'd be good.

Even then it wouldnt do much, Transaction was a country-wide action group cosisting of hauliers, farmers, van owners and the odd car owner like myself (remember the motorways all over the country being bought to a halt/rolling roadblock by lorries a few years ago and fuel shortages, that was Transaction).

The most it ever achieved was a 6 month delay/postponement on a 2p duty increase iirc, and that was in the good old days, when the country had money to play with.

The owners original intention was to try and get a few pence discount for businesses reliant on transport, and once it became clear, after a few years, that the government were never going to give in, the group disbanded unfortunately.

If the government wont even offer a discount to the businesses that keep this country afloat, they are never going to lower the price all-round for everyone.

The only hope we have, is the tories planned price stabiliser, but thanks to fiancial meltdown left by the last Labour government, there is little chance or even option for them to implement this now, especially given the current silly price of oil.

smile
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 4:56pm
WOULD you support if it was blocked may i ask ????
Posted By: MattLFC Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 5:06pm
Still wouldnt achieve anything; you sound like a kid with a new toy, im afraid your efforts in vein, it's been tried and tested on a much larger, and organised scale, and failed, and the sooner you realise this, the sooner you can stop wasting your fuel and your time trying to protest.

wink
Posted By: little_pob Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 6:03pm
You won't be allowed to stop/park in an attempt to block the road. You'll be moved on, or worse arrested either for aggravated trespass or unreasonable obstruction of the highway (depending on whether you are on private or public land).
Posted By: Katryn Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 6:24pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
To get are message across the only way we can peacefully,.. Remember our Government work for us`They are there to represent us.

Remember our Government work for us`They are there to represent us.

like the government are going to listen to the public! noonoo
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 6:43pm
Originally Posted by alpacino9
WOULD you support if it was blocked may i ask ????

No but I would love to watch you try it here in 2011. I strongly doubt the public would be behind it this time if a repeat of 2000s protest actually happened.
Posted By: brady Re: start filling them petrol tanks up - 16th Feb 2011 6:44pm
Your taking the mick...going slow on the inside lane of a motorway wont achieve jack....the french know how to protest, so why dont you protest like the french do, otherwise you got no chance of the goverment taking any notice what-so-ever
© Wirral-Wikiwirral