Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 12:32pm
[Linked Image]

FATHER-OF-TWO from Wirral has become the latest victim of swine flu.

David Hanson, of Willaston, Wirral, fell ill before Christmas while enjoying a meal with his family to celebrate his 59th birthday on December 16.

The Liverpool City Council marketing manager at first thought he had caught a bad cold which developed into a chest infection, But on the morning of December 23 he was "delirious", according to Carol, his wife of thirty years.

He was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital by ambulance in a critical condition.

The Liverpool FC fan died on New Year’s Eve when his organs failed. His family was beside him.

Mrs Hanson, 54, said: "David was healthy. He did pilates every night for a bad back and enjoyed going for walks.

"He was a fit man. When he first went into hospital they asked me if he was a smoker, or if he had asthma.

"But he was healthy and looked after himself.

"They said the pneumonia he developed had made his lungs like concrete."

Medics on the intensive care ward at Arrowe Park did all they could for Mr Hanson.

He is one of at least nine people on Merseyside to die from the H1N1 virus this winter.

More information
Posted By: reddragon Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 12:40pm
thoughts are with the family on their loss I wonder when they as in scientists/researchers are going to find a cure/medication for this
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 1:39pm
My thoughts are with the family,
I hope this urges people to get the flu jab (when its available again) - We were all urged to get it months ago and now everyone has panicked to get it and now supplies are low!
frown
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 2:12pm
Poor bloke, thoughts are with his family.
Agree about the jab panic, they even interviewed a pensioner on tv who was moaning about it and he could have had it last September like the rest of us, ditto the pregnant women who now realise it's a bit serious. Met loads of them who say "Nah, not bothered with that shoit." and then go mad when the system is not tailored to their timetable, bloody idiots.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 3:11pm
Condolences to his wife & children & best wishes for the doctors & nurses at Arrowe Park in coping with this infection.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 3:51pm
Lady lives right opposite me died with the same symptoms on Christmas day. frown R.I.P Pat
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 5:31pm
my thoughts are with her grown up kids and family, known the family most of my life

rip Pat
Posted By: Tilly Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 9:53pm
Originally Posted by jabber
my thoughts are with her grown up kids and family, known the family most of my life

rip Pat

never realised anyone would know who I meant Jabber, sorry if I have upset you in any way. I have known Pat 4 the past 11 years. lovely lady.
Karen. smile
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 9:58pm
What a terrible loss. My thoughts are with all that grieve.X
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Wirral dad-of-two dies of swine flu - 10th Jan 2011 10:13pm
how very sad....my thoughts are with all the families and friends x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral