Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Mum and Daughter Charged with failing to bury gran - 7th Jan 2011 10:06am
Mother and daughter charged with failing to bury grandmother

[Linked Image]
A MUM and daughter appeared in court accused of failing to bury an elderly gran.
Olive Hazel Maddock and her daughter Jasmine Maddock are alleged to have kept the body of their mother and grandmother 95-year-old Olive Maddock in the ramshackle semi they shared in Wirral after she died last year.

They both appeared before magistrates in Birkenhead this week charged with preventing the decent and lawful burial of Olive Maddock, some time between January 1 2010 and August 2 2010.

Olive Hazel Maddock, 61, also stands accused of one count of fraud in connection with her dead mum’s pension.

Neither woman entered a plea. Sat apart during the brief hearing Hazel Maddock, of the Arc Hostel, Sandford Road, Birkenhead, and Jasmine Sarah Maddock, 35, of Manor Cottages Approach, East Finchley, London, spoke only to confirm their name, address and date of birth.

Both women were granted unconditional bail and must appear at Liverpool Crown Court on January 20 for a preliminary hearing.

Residents last night said pensioner Mrs Maddock was once a familiar figure around the family home in Saltburn Road, Wallasey, where she lived with TV extra Hazel, who appeared in soaps such as Brookside and Hollyoaks, and grand-daughter Jasmine.

They described her as an eccentric but well-liked old lady who was often seen walking around outside her house and giving gifts to local children.

Neighbour Julie Palmer told the ECHO: “Her husband was a professor of naval engineering. “He died about ten years ago and the house began to go downhill from then.[Linked Image]

“They had always been eccentric but then they went weird. Hazel would always talk to people. She was chatty.”

It is understood the alarm was raised by a neighbour who became concerned after not seeing Mrs Maddock for some time. Police are thought to have found her remains in the decrepit house.

THE WIRRAL NEWS

If he was a professor of naval engineering then they probably weren't in need of money, bloody weirdos.
How strange!
Wierdos! Stealing from their dead relative to boot! They both need a bath and the one in the red coat needs to go the salon to get that wire brush sorted!

So what do you think will be the outcome of this case?
Over to you bert
Why don't you ask the grandmother what she'd like to see done, your in to that kind of thing aren't you. wink
Originally Posted by _Ste_
How strange!
Wierdos! Stealing from their dead relative to boot! They both need a bath and the one in the red coat needs to go the salon to get that wire brush sorted! raftl

So what do you think will be the outcome of this case?
Over to you bert

amazes me what ppl will do to get a couple of quid.....dirty mingers...
Originally Posted by bert1
Why don't you ask the grandmother what she'd like to see done, your in to that kind of thing aren't you. wink

Nope bert, I'm into ue not ghost hunting laugh

Summer I was on about the womans hair being like a wire brush. raftl
The smackhead in the top pic looks like she's stolen someones handbag whilst she was in the court too!

Well get your kid to do it for you as a foreigner
The smackhead in the top pic looks like she's stolen someones handbag whilst she was in the court too!
raftl pmsfl

Well get your kid to do it for you as a foreigner

I think camaroz would be the ideal candidate for that bert smile
Originally Posted by summer01
what is a smackhead is it a smack on the head ?

Lol no summer it's someone who steals a lot for drugs. Smackrat, dirty thieving ..., filth. Smack as in drug. Crack, crystal meth etc smile
I always thought a smackhead was just someone who was always off their head on smack. oh well, you learn something every day. They're still a pair of weirdos though.
Lol, do you know what stoning is summer?
Never surprises me the length people will go to...

That's why money is the true root of all evil...
Ah but summer, do you know what being stoned is ?
yes they di it woman who commit adultery they throw stones at you lol .if you steal you get your finger cut off if you swear you get your tougue cut out . commit the crime pay for it i say .
when they stone someone the do it until their death & in public.
Yes I've seen the videos, lol smirk
Yes I've seen the videos, lol smirk
raftl no thats sick where ?

Not sick summer, educational smile

It would be against my authority as a moderator to post a link here, I could pm you but to be honest you would be troubled if you viewed the site, you need to be strong minded, it can mess with your head seriously.

yes have seen it myself summer and it is tight....not a nice thing to see.....
So what you are saying summer is that you have never been stoned then?
Riiight! I must admit if my missus had hair like that I'd walk a few paces behind. There's lots of it about though. It will be interesting to see what these two fiddling weirdos get though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mum and Daughter Charged with failing to bury gran - 3rd Jul 2011 5:18pm
Wirral woman who left mother's body unburied is jailed for 11 months

A WIRRAL woman who left her mother's corpse unburied for up to six months has been jailed for 11 months.

Her daughter was given a 26-week prison sentence suspended for two years and ordered to carry out 250 hours of unpaid community service.

The body of Olive Maddock, 95, was left rotting in the bedroom of her Wallasey home by daughter Olive Hazel Maddock, known as Hazel, and granddaughter Jasmine, 35.

The pair were sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court today after Hazel Maddock, 61, pleaded guilty to unlawful prevention of burial at an earlier hearing.

Maddock, a television extra who has worked on Channel 4 dramas Brookside and Hollyoaks, also admitted fraudulently obtaining one payment of her dead mother's state pension of £176.92 and a single payment of pension credit of £34.44.

Jasmine, an artist, pleaded guilty to leaving the corpse of her grandmother unburied.

She was also given a two-year supervision order.

Judge Gerald Clifton said the pair had entered into a "conspiracy of silence". He said: "What you did was a gross effrontery to the natural decent behaviour of most good people in similar positions throughout the land."

He added: "Honour thy father and mother all the days they live, says the Book of Exodus.

"Giving burial is one the most important of those acts of honour."

Judge Clifton said that made what they did "particularly despicable".

THE GLOBE
i find this case most bizarre, tbh.
crazy
Was their intent to 'gain money'? or where they in Denial about the ladys demise?
my personal opinion is the Latter. if, im right then this is a very sad story-in the literal sense.
I was thinking the same at first but one did fraud the woman's money. I suppose the non-burial is a public health offence, not just bureaucracy. Seems a bit harsh on the non-fraud daughter though.
Good riddance to those disgusting creatures.
Shock, i suppose!

If you can keep a corpse, at home for 6 weeks then i imagine that 'cashing in' on benefits was to support the Denial.

im not saying that its right, coz its not, of course. it seems to me that they were initially maintaining the 'reality' of grans normality.

they cashed two small payments, i assume in the days following the death...they could have cashed in, on more money, over the weeks

as stated, i personally think that the bereaved have 'flipped' and its very sad.
I agree with Rude. You don't know the actual circumstances of what happened. Only these 2 women ever will.

They may have been in denial. They may have panicked. They may have claimed the pension to make it appear that all was normal. They may have even reasoned that it might have been what the mother/grandmother wanted (she won't miss it now - she'd want us to have it). Once they'd got past a week, they may indeed have not known what on earth to do next. They only committed the fraud once - not repeatedly - which would suggest doing it purely for the money.

As has been mentioned already, a bit of an eccentric family. Maybe they couldn't accept that she had passed away.

I think its far too easy to be arm-chair judge and jury.

So glad we don't run this country on WikiWirral justice... smile
It gives me the spooks to think they could contemplate living in a house with a corpse in the next room. If things got out of control and time elapsed causing no urgency to bury the lady then they must be haunted by the fact that they left their mother's corpse to rot and showed no respect towards decency. I don't think they did this for money as they only cashed minimal amount to make others belived she were alive. It did not mention other family members - were there only 1 daughter? - perhaps she did not want to share her inheritance if there were more - this I could realise would be a reasonable excuse for maintaining her mother was still living. Such disrespect for her family - I wonder what her daughter Jasmine thinks of her!
One can imagine the aroma, obviously have no partners as the stench would be in their hair.
I mean, the body fluids are one thing but the smell?
Impossible to live with, they both knew what they were doing.
Strange creatures some people.
I will go with MissGuided and Rude on this one - a bit of an eccentric family who couldn't accept that mum had passed away. I also agree that it is far too easy to be arm-chair judge and jury. Mum may have seemed to be 'just an old lady' but I suspect there were undisclosed conflicts within this family group.

In the past I have often spoken with one of the ladies involved and seemed normal enough to me - but was surely a bit eccentric. Nothing wrong with that of course. I have my own eccentricities, as my neighbours would probably tell you!

Snod
summer is there seriously something wrong with you? Who would find these things amusing?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral