Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 4:06pm
Wirral motorists urged to kill their speed

WIRRAL motorists are being urged to make reducing their speed their New Year resolution.

The police warning follows the news that 483 people were seriously injured and 29 died on the roads of Merseyside last year, with excess speed factoring in many of the collisions.

While this was a 50 per cent reduction in the number of people who lost their lives compared to the 58 fatalities in 2009, the Roads Policing Department is continuing to work hard to further reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured on the roads of Merseyside.

Throughout this month, police will be out on the roads carrying out enforcement as well as educating motorists caught breaking the speeding laws.

Chief Inspector John Hogan, head of the Roads Policing Department, said: "We want to start the new year with the message that speed limits are there to save lives and we will be carrying out enforcement and education to try to further reduce the number of people hurt on our roads by drivers prepared to break these laws.

"We are determined to make a difference to the safety of road users and throughout the year we will be focusing on a different theme for our monthly campaigns.

"But we can't do it on our own. We need drivers to pay the roads the care and attention they deserve and passengers to behave accordingly and not distract drivers.

"Together we can make a difference to the safety of road users in Merseyside and ensure that 2011 is a memorable year for all the right reasons and not because of any tragedies."

In the last 10 years, Merseyside Police has reduced the number of people killed or seriously injured on the roads from 833 at the end of 2000 to 512 at the end of 2010 - a fall of almost 40 per cent.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: bert1 Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 9:58pm
Sorry Jase, I'm not sure a big in your face ghost hunters signature looks right when your reporting on deaths, i know you don't mean any harm, just doesn't look right to me, don't know what anyone else thinks.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:02pm
Where Bert?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:05pm
at the bottom of Jases post
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:06pm
Jases new groovy avatar.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:08pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Where Bert?
raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:12pm
Originally Posted by bert1
Sorry Jase, I'm not sure a big in your face ghost hunters signature looks right when your reporting on deaths, i know you don't mean any harm, just doesn't look right to me, don't know what anyone else thinks.
I take it in the context that he is advocating the Paranormal Investigation forum. But then...i'm active in that so maybe i'm biased?! Hmmm. Interesting point raised, Bert-especially as eventually all P.I hope to have Avatars/ sigs!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:12pm
Well it's not on my screen!
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Where Bert?
raftl
confused
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:17pm
has a point mate
Posted By: bert1 Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:19pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I take it in the context that he is advocating the Paranormal Investigation forum. But then...i'm active in that so maybe i'm biased?! Hmmm. Interesting point raised, Bert-especially as eventually all P.I hope to have Avatars/ sigs!

Nothing wrong with the signature Rude, just doesn't seem appropriate on posts involving the loss of life, current news that is.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:26pm
No, no, i get what you saying Bert. Just hadn't saw it like that. As i say, you raised a good point. smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 5th Jan 2011 10:52pm
No, no, i get what you saying Bert. Just hadn't saw it like that. As i say, you raised a good point. smile
But it is good tho, innit? seeyu
Posted By: bert1 Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 6th Jan 2011 7:23am
But it is good tho, innit? seeyu

Whether its groovy or not is another debate, it certainly stands out and in some circumstances it may come across lacking sensitivity, I know as we all do, Jase is not like that when it comes to reporting news, I hope a way can be found if possible, not to have it attached to posts involving loss of life.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 6th Jan 2011 11:35am
You can choose not to have your signature included when making a post, just untick the box found beneath the text box entitled "Add signature to this post". You can even do it on quick replies, again by unticking the box "Add Signature" which can be found to the left of the quick reply box.

Having said that, I can't really see much of a problem with it either way.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 6th Jan 2011 11:43am
It's always filling up sorry, should be under now.

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 6th Jan 2011 7:15pm

I see what your saying bert. But the same could be said for most of the peeps on wiki, it is a bit big Though.. if it upsets peeps that much i will remove it. wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 6th Jan 2011 7:18pm
smack
Posted By: bert1 Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 7:39am
Originally Posted by _jase_

I see what your saying bert. But the same could be said for most of the peeps on wiki, it is a bit big Though.. if it upsets peeps that much i will remove it. wink

As they say Jase, size doesn't matter, its how you use it.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 8:54am
Originally Posted by _jase_
Wirral motorists urged to kill their speed

WIRRAL motorists are being urged to make reducing their speed their New Year resolution.

The police warning follows the news that 483 people were seriously injured and 29 died on the roads of Merseyside last year, with excess speed factoring in many of the collisions.

While this was a 50 per cent reduction in the number of people who lost their lives compared to the 58 fatalities in 2009, the Roads Policing Department is continuing to work hard to further reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured on the roads of Merseyside.

Throughout this month, police will be out on the roads carrying out enforcement as well as educating motorists caught breaking the speeding laws.

Chief Inspector John Hogan, head of the Roads Policing Department, said: "We want to start the new year with the message that speed limits are there to save lives and we will be carrying out enforcement and education to try to further reduce the number of people hurt on our roads by drivers prepared to break these laws.

"We are determined to make a difference to the safety of road users and throughout the year we will be focusing on a different theme for our monthly campaigns.

"But we can't do it on our own. We need drivers to pay the roads the care and attention they deserve and passengers to behave accordingly and not distract drivers.

"Together we can make a difference to the safety of road users in Merseyside and ensure that 2011 is a memorable year for all the right reasons and not because of any tragedies."

In the last 10 years, Merseyside Police has reduced the number of people killed or seriously injured on the roads from 833 at the end of 2000 to 512 at the end of 2010 - a fall of almost 40 per cent.

THE GLOBE

Back on topic for the first (?) time in this thread? Why is it when the police warn you to slow down thats fine. When another motorist warns you to slow down its a criminal offence?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 9:13am
How can that be, if your warning drivers to slow down because there's an accident around a bend, its an offence, can't see that, or are you referring to giving someone a warning there's a speed trap in the area. Hard to see that being an offence, but who knows in this crazy world.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 9:18am
or are you referring to giving someone a warning there's a speed trap in the area. Hard to see that being an offence, but who knows in this crazy world.

Except that is precisely what has happened.
Man prosecuted for warning drivers of speed camera

Posted By: bert1 Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 9:25am
Doesn't surprise me, If the object of speed cameras and the like are for slowing motorists down, all that gentleman was doing is helping in that. So it appears the gentleman was interfering in a money making scheme.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 9:53am
Too many officials with their heads stuck up their own arses, if the object is to slow people down then that objective has been achieved one way or another, job done. Doesn't seem to be any common sense used these days, no one is allowed to use their own discretion and that Crown Prosecution Service? ^&^%$£*&^(
Posted By: Colgo Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 11:18am
If giving a warning of speed cameras is illegal,what about these

Attached picture speed.JPG
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 3:58pm
Precisely
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Motorists urged to kill their speed - 7th Jan 2011 4:26pm
Originally Posted by Colgo
If giving a warning of speed cameras is illegal,what about these
dunno
© Wirral-Wikiwirral