Posted By: _Ste_ Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 9:59am
Whats happening in cleaveland St?
Police blocked it off.
Posted By: starakita Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 10:07am
Maybe its something do do with a fire somewhere in that area
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 10:14am
There was a fire last night but because of the fog I couldn't tell where it was
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 10:16am
It was around Christies Bar (is that what it's called?) but don't know if it was the pub or another building next door
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 10:25am
Roads closed after fire at Birkenhead garage Emergency services say there are concerns that gas cylinders are stored at the premises on Cleveland Street.

Parts of that road and surrounding areas have been shut to traffic at the request of the Fire Service.

Roads affected are Cleveland Street, Duke Street, Livingstone Street, Arthur Street, Brook
WIRRAL GLOBE

Posted By: delta6 Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 11:16am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8...a_precaution_over_gas_cylinder_concerns/
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 11:33am
Thanks happy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 12:27pm
thanks guys happy
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 1:01pm
My mum is in Old Bidston Road and had to be evacuated from her home along with everyone else, she still is not allowed back in untill the access it she will find out at 9pm tonight!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 1:12pm
Oh dear, it appears to be the paint garage where I had to take my car from due to it getting damaged and bits stolen and them leaving it on the road with no windows and keys in the ignition!!!
Tut tut tut smirk
Posted By: raymondo Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 5:10pm
yup some kind person set it on fire last night put the poor fella out of buisiness
Posted By: Silverback Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 7:00pm

Oh dear, it appears to be the paint garage where I had to take my car from due to it getting damaged and bits stolen and them leaving it on the road with no windows and keys in the ignition!!!
Tut tut tut

Originally Posted by raymondo
yup some kind person set it on fire last night put the poor fella out of buisiness

Sounds like an insurance job, someone wanted to 'insure' no one elses car got treated the same way! whistle

Posted By: raymondo Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 10:23pm
that must have been a one off ste, ive had loads painted there. he had one of my mates in there when i went up only worth scrap now
Posted By: cadet Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 10:33pm
Which bodyshop was it ???
Posted By: raymondo Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 10:51pm
polish lad christof got the body shop by cristys bar
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Cleaveland St? - 6th Dec 2010 11:20pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Tut tut tut smirk

suspect number 1 grin

i picked a car up from here the other day. mad, guess it might of been a stray welding spark hitting something and smoldering.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cleaveland St? - 7th Dec 2010 1:05am
that must have been a one off ste, ive had loads painted there. he had one of my mates in there when i went up only worth scrap now

He had my car for months, I ended up taking it back and giving it to someone else to do (which they did within a week) he took the piss with my car, wouldn't surprise me if other cars had keys left in them.
Oh, for the record, he has no insurance, so that theory can go out the window before anyone accuses.
Gotta admit, christoph works his ass off for fook all in that place, he's a good painter but takes too much on at once, the work mounts up, he gets crap off people wanting their cars done, he's under a lot of pressure all the time.
I'd be looking at the local paint shops if I were him.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cleaveland St? - 7th Dec 2010 11:30am
Here's the word on the street, it was arson, someone jacked the shutter up, spread petrol everywhere, set a fire, but when the ran for the shutter the jack gave way, they were supposed to have been locked in the place when it went up but this has not been confirmed.
Police aren't letting anybody near the place, I had a few bits in there and went there this morning.
They are checking the CCTV footage.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Cleaveland St? - 7th Dec 2010 1:07pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Here's the word on the street, it was arson, someone jacked the shutter up, spread petrol everywhere, set a fire, but when the ran for the shutter the jack gave way, they were supposed to have been locked in the place when it went up but this has not been confirmed.
Police aren't letting anybody near the place, I had a few bits in there and went there this morning.
They are checking the CCTV footage.

how did you get out lol.
Posted By: raymondo Re: Cleaveland St? - 7th Dec 2010 7:41pm
well as far as i know no one was found in there but the shutter was jacked up and the place set alight, i was talking to christof yesterday and he knows nothing about some one being traped in there surley would have been somthing in the news by now?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cleaveland St? - 8th Dec 2010 9:53am
well as far as i know no one was found in there but the shutter was jacked up and the place set alight, i was talking to christof yesterday and he knows nothing about some one being traped in there surley would have been somthing in the news by now?

Yes, probably just a rumour, we know how people can exajerate, my boss was told that by someone he gets his stock off, he was probably told by someone else.

That building is owned by Scott Ward & he has CCTV covering the place. Whoever it was will be on camera.
Posted By: raymondo Re: Cleaveland St? - 8th Dec 2010 7:04pm
think it olny covers scotts place dont remember it covering the garage doors when i had the garage
© Wirral-Wikiwirral