Forums
Posted By: MrBrightside A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 9:03am
police there closed both ways massive tail back
Posted By: starakita Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 9:50am
just said on traffic news there was an accident due to ice.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 11:16am
I drove southbound at 7.50 and there was a car facing in the wrong direction against the central barrier.
15 minutes later coming back up the other way (Northbound) Police were closing off the Northbound Entrance.

Dont know if its the same accident or another one.

By the time I drove through Rock Ferry and New Ferry to the KFC roundabout there were still vehicles exiting the Northbound carriageway.

What I would like to know is why the hell wasnt this road gritted last night? The by-pass and the A41 in Bromborough were atrocious this morning. Where the hell is all this grit that the council assured us they have? Let me guess, its all on the council members driveways!!!!!!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 8:48pm
They're saving money by using less grit. laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 9:05pm
thought this was a 30mph zone now?
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 9:21pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
thought this was a 30mph zone now?

Nope 50mph now
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 9:30pm
It was 30 during the contraflow which has now been lifted.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 9:31pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
They're saving money by using less grit. laugh

Trust me, this morning there was no grit at all!!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 10:25pm
Originally Posted by Hiekel_Essterol
I drove southbound at 7.50 and there was a car facing in the wrong direction against the central barrier.
15 minutes later coming back up the other way (Northbound) Police were closing off the Northbound Entrance.

Dont know if its the same accident or another one.

By the time I drove through Rock Ferry and New Ferry to the KFC roundabout there were still vehicles exiting the Northbound carriageway.

What I would like to know is why the hell wasnt this road gritted last night? The by-pass and the A41 in Bromborough were atrocious this morning. Where the hell is all this grit that the council assured us they have? Let me guess, its all on the council members driveways!!!!!!!

It was around 3.30am seen it drive past.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 11:17pm
I live in bromborough and have seen the gritter around a fair bit, the side roads are bad but the main routes are ok, as expected.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: A41 BYpass closed - 6th Dec 2010 11:26pm
my dad is the gritter for birkenhead, hes out typically twice a day morning and night wink
Posted By: MrPhil Re: A41 BYpass closed - 7th Dec 2010 12:15am
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
I live in bromborough and have seen the gritter around a fair bit, the side roads are bad but the main routes are ok, as expected.

Bus routes have priority.

Shame really as some side routes do need it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral