Forums
Posted By: polo_phil Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 3rd Dec 2010 11:36am
Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable', says councillor

A councillor has condemned thieves who have been stealing grit bins from around Wirral's streets - less than a week after they were installed.

Inspectors have found about 20 sites where bins have been stolen, and others that have been moved.

The council recently provided an extra 110 grit bins on paths they identified as the most dangerous in icy weather.

Councillor Lesley Rennie, who is responsible for transport, described the thieves as "despicable creatures".

The bins were provided for residents to use grit on paths and minor roads outside their homes.

Gritting continues

Council inspectors are now checking all of the borough's 215 grit bins to make sure that they are still there and secure them to the ground.

"It's absolutely despicable that people will steal from their own communities like this," said Mrs Rennie.

"We are working with the police and are determined to catch these people."

The council said it was continuing to grit all primary and secondary transport routes.

Offenders undergoing community service orders are helping to treat the pavements and main car parks in shopping areas.

Source: BBC
Posted By: dancingpriest Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 3rd Dec 2010 4:28pm
probably scousers.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 3rd Dec 2010 5:04pm
More likely pub landlords for the outside of their pubs laugh

Carn`t have any injuries happening to their precious customers can they? Gotta keep em rollin in to survive smile

Wait until the 20% VAT hits em in January, all the offies will be rubbing their hands together, all the pubs will be closing down!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 4th Dec 2010 8:42pm
Wish someone would take the horrible yellow thing from outside my house - it's an eyesore!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 4th Dec 2010 10:10pm
I'll take it! Oops. whistle
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 5th Dec 2010 2:18am
they taken the whole bins? Last 1 i saw was on broadway by st hilarys bout 20yrs ago lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 5th Dec 2010 4:28am
'ours' is by st pauls church. Am amazed that A. It still there and B. It aint been set on fire.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 5th Dec 2010 7:56am
Grit is wirth its weight this year, everyone is after it!
Lot of my customers been asking if i can get it for them!!

Went past a small pub (cant remember where) last week and the guy was outside with a SALT SHAKER doing the step!!!
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Wirral grit bin thieves 'despicable' - 5th Dec 2010 9:32am
a builders merchant opposite cadbury in moreton on the tarran way industrial estate who is shamelessly advertising without breaking the rules has plenty of rock salt in lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral