Forums
Posted By: jenscho Streetlights - 18th Nov 2010 8:16pm
I don't know if this is in the right place or not but oh well! Has anyone noticed that the streetlights are well dimmer this year than normal? Our road is pitch black and every light is on. Have the council dimmed them to save a bit of cash???
Posted By: dan0h Re: Streetlights - 18th Nov 2010 8:36pm
The council really have. I read it the other day on Wirral Globe, that rather than turn them off completely like a lot of other local authorities, that they would instead be dimmed.

Whats that I hear? Oh, its the impending increase in street crime as a result...
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Streetlights - 18th Nov 2010 8:36pm
no idea. they seem to be lazy around ours because they haven't bothered to fix the constantly on lampost on Colin Road that's been stuck like that for over 6 months.
Posted By: dan0h Re: Streetlights - 18th Nov 2010 8:39pm
Heres the story:

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8..._councils_across_UK_turn_the_lights_out/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Streetlights - 18th Nov 2010 8:47pm
Are topic on this. smile https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...reetlight_plan_aims_to_c.html#Post420348
Posted By: jenscho Re: Streetlights - 18th Nov 2010 9:23pm
just read the articles, our road isn't on the 'trial list' and I tell you what, it's bloody dark out there!!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Streetlights - 18th Nov 2010 9:35pm
Originally Posted by summer01
report it first thing your street shouldn t be dark.
lived in our house for 2 years now reported are street light 10 time lol has not worked once lol
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 8:53am
When I reported a street light out last year they came and did it within 2 days! I was shocked!

However there is one round the corner that's been flickering like a strobe for the past month...
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 2:27pm
Phil, get a disco going under the strobe, make a few bob.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 2:30pm
I tried that Bandy but it just ended up being me, some homeless guy and a few cans of special brew...
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 2:30pm
Yes summer.. they sell it in the chippy on the corner
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 2:38pm
Summer you don't roast a squirrel. You peel it then grill it with some cheese on.. alternatively you can bake it in a cake. I'd advise to do it in a fruit cake... I call it a fruit and nutkin cake
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 3:00pm
The lights are on.... but they are a bit dim.

I'm not allowed to eat roast squirrel 'cos they might contain nuts.

oldman
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 3:01pm
...is anyone home?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 3:04pm
just us chickens
Posted By: chriskay Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 3:31pm
What's the matter with you youngsters today? We managed without any street lights during the war. oldman

(and we had to get up at 4am to lick the pavements clean before our breakfast of cold gravel).
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 3:41pm
Gravel? Eee you were lucky! etc etc
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 4:17pm
You think YOU had it rough ??? I lived in a carrier bag in a septic tank..... (Cue Python....)
Posted By: chriskay Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 5:26pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
You think YOU had it rough ??? I lived in a carrier bag in a septic tank..... (Cue Python....)

Not much change there, then. thumbsup
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 5:27pm
Quality Chris happy
Posted By: DavidB Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 7:09pm
Originally Posted by dan0h
Whats that I hear? Oh, its the impending increase in street crime as a result...

I really can't see a dim or bright light stopping street crime, I don't think that matters.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 7:42pm
Originally Posted by summer01
wouldn t you have slept in a drawer?

One of my sons did sleep in a drawer
Posted By: ponytail Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 7:44pm
foglights needed tonight by the looks of it
Posted By: uggla Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 9:39pm
They are trialing this on motorways believe it or not.

I think they maybe dimmer also because of the energy saving bulbs or am i wrong lol

^^ yeah fog and its bloody freezing.
Posted By: jenscho Re: Streetlights - 19th Nov 2010 11:04pm
hmmmm, foggy night tonight and wouldn't you know it - our streetlight right outside our house (the one that has been dimmed recently) is now on really bright, well, as bright as it ever has been in the past. The past few nights we have had to have our outside light on coz it's been really dark out and tonight the front garden is lit up by the street light!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral