Forums
Posted By: insanekitty St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:00pm
Just heard from fellow facebookers that the school is on fire!

Any one in the area to confirm??

Cheers
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:05pm
anyone near there?
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:22pm
I can't smell anything coming through the bedroom window, nor heard sirens, I'm just off breck road. Not getting outta bed now though tease
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:24pm
cant smell any burning
Posted By: Waddi Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:29pm
Wife has just phoned her mum who lives opposite Mary's and she reports nothing!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:31pm
no fire then peeps?
Posted By: Wench Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:32pm
Just asked a mate who lives in one of the roads by there and he can't see or smell anything either.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:33pm
Flippin' eck, just put me trackie on to go an ave a look!!!
Posted By: bazzoh Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:45pm
its not the old st marys site is it? the solar campus?? another building the council could do rid of!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:49pm
Wasn't that St,George's?
Posted By: dan0h Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:50pm
Can someone just go have a look? The suspense is killing me! laugh
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:55pm
Jeeeez,just took the trackie off!!!!!
Posted By: bazzoh Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 8:57pm
yeah but it was st marys towards the end if i recall! some people still call it that
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:00pm
Oh, how did it go from C of E to Catholic?
Posted By: bazzoh Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:01pm
not sure - am sure st marys were based there? anyone?!?!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:07pm
You doubting yourself now????
It's prob' me thats got it wrong!!!!
Posted By: bazzoh Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:08pm
i doubt everything i say these days! old age lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:12pm
St marys lower school was at the solar campus many moons ago, in the 80s. Prior to that it was st georges middle school.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:14pm
so fire or not?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:30pm
theres no fire! Been past it 3 times lol
Posted By: Capt_America Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:36pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Oh, how did it go from C of E to Catholic?

Don't know but St Bede's went from Catholic to C of E before they built the new Weatherhead.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 9:39pm
The council bought the land from the Catholic Diocees
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 16th Nov 2010 10:27pm
You are correct, The Solar Campus was formally St Mary's Buildings and was built on the land that was St Georges Secondary School.

Even thought the Solar systems have effectively been removed, it is a Grade II listed building.
Posted By: sparky Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 17th Nov 2010 5:13pm
My daughter goes to Oldershaw and she said there was a small fire in the kitchen yesterday and they had to be evacuated onto the field.
Posted By: IanPenny Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 17th Nov 2010 5:16pm
I work at St Mary's, I can confirm there was no fire at the school over the last 48 hours, no incidents in the kitchens.

And it might be mad saying this but the kids will probably be glad as today The Wanted??? were performing in the school.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: St Marys school Wallasey on fire? - 17th Nov 2010 5:40pm
If its any help , Liscard Primarys fire alarm went off late on thursday afternoon , which meant all the kids were queing up in the yard with no coats and bags at going home time..hahahaha sorry , but its true.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral