Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Large accident/incident M53 J1 this morning - 26th Oct 2010 11:28am
Driving over to town this morning and I noticed as I drove from Wallasey towards B&Q that there were 4 fire engines, a couple of ambulances, police cars etc on the flyover just before J1 and the start of the motorway heading Chesterbound.

Traffic was being diverted off the tunnel approach road having come out of the tunnel and down onto the roundabout.

As I got closer to the tunnel, one of those blue incident management vans and an unmarked white Insignia were making their way along the hardshoulder towards the scene.

Any ideas? Looked big anyway!
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Large accident/incident M53 J1 this morning - 26th Oct 2010 12:37pm
I passed this at 08.20 & saw a small van plus 3 or 4 cars, one of which looked burnt out.

Bob.
Someone in work said it looked like they'd driven into the back of one another whilst giving way to the tunnel traffic (where the toyota garage slip road joins the motorway).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Large accident/incident M53 J1 this morning - 26th Oct 2010 4:57pm
Looked pretty serious anyway, and must have been if one was burnt out!
Nowt in Echo,but that's nothing to go by!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral