Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Birkenhead fire fighters called to carpet shop - 11th Oct 2010 2:37pm
Birkenhead fire fighters called to carpet shop blaze

AN investigation into the cause of a fire at a carpet showroom was launched today.

Firefighters from Birkenhead were called to the blaze, on Laird Street, just before midnight last night. Stock was damaged at the shop.

wirral news

Anyone get any pics??
this was on fire on last friday night about 8pm,
friend passed on friday saw fire engines there but also passed last night said it was well ablaze bus diverted
Passed this morning about 9am, shutters up, windows smashed, police tape up and bobbys on hand. Weve only just had our whole house done as well by that carpet shop!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Birkenhead fire fighters called to carpet shop - 11th Oct 2010 6:56pm
Hang the yobs !
I passed there at around 0010, and Mallaby Street was also closed off, as a car had hit a garden wall at the top and trashed the light on the traffic island. There was also a black transit standing by near Ashville Road so it looks like there might have been a fatality.
Here are some pics of the Carpet Shop and the garden wall at the top of Mallaby Street 11-10-10

Attached picture carpetsop.jpg
Attached picture mallaby.jpg
good pics mate!
Originally Posted by Northender
Here are some pics of the Carpet Shop and the garden wall at the top of Mallaby Street 11-10-10

car was a volvo i think nobody died
3 lads where in it
they flew past mine doin 70 ( guess) tried to take the bend lol no chance! skid and................boom
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Birkenhead fire fighters called to carpet shop - 12th Oct 2010 3:52am
Originally Posted by dj_macca
3 lads where in it
they flew past mine doin 70 ( guess) tried to take the bend lol no chance! skid and................boom

Wasnt a newish one in black by any chance?
Insurance Job.. That place lost money when aldi brought out carpet world. The shop used to be owned by The current owner who owned Taffys Carpets. That company went down hill and changed its name. The shop was also badly built and refurbished they had huge industrial lights which no doubt might of been the cause of the fire. Or someone broke in because they needed a new Roll End for there spliff.. Sorry had to add that little joke on at the end..
Posted By: SUExx Re: Birkenhead fire fighters called to carpet shop - 13th Oct 2010 2:27pm
Well i think the one in bromborough behind asda was carpet co as well, and funnily enough that looks like it had been on fire as well.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Birkenhead fire fighters called to carpet shop - 13th Oct 2010 3:11pm
Lol smirk

Originally Posted by _Ste_
3 lads where in it

Yes it was black. It was actually out from the kerb when I saw it. Looks like it had overturned after clipping the kerb or the traffic island.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Birkenhead fire fighters called to carpet shop - 15th Oct 2010 12:06am
Originally Posted by Northender
Originally Posted by _Ste_
3 lads where in it

Yes it was black. It was actually out from the kerb when I saw it. Looks like it had overturned after clipping the kerb or the traffic island.

Figures smirk
© Wirral-Wikiwirral