Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 28th Sep 2010 9:20pm
Police swoop on Wirral off licence

A RAID on a Merseyside off-license uncovered suspected illegal immigrants and illicit alcohol.

A joint swoop by police, trading standards and Wirral council at the Poulton Pop-In shop on Poulton Road, Poulton, Wirral, on September 24 led to the arrest of two men aged 20 and 37, from the Wallasey area, on suspicion of immigration offences.

They have now been bailed.

Officers also seized a large amount of whisky and vodka which will now be tested by scientists.

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 28th Sep 2010 10:26pm
Police swoop on Wirral off licence...
Makes a nice change from the doughnut shop...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 28th Sep 2010 10:41pm
Back in the day, late 80s-early 90s, this was a cracking shop, as far as newsagents go...lol. The staff were great and they were the only local place that sold 'sour cream and onion' wheat chrunchies. Over the last decade, it seems the place is linked with all kinds of illegal activity and debauchery! As reported in the Globe et al, but as i cant specifically Source ill just leave it to those, who wish to rampage through the Globes archives!
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 29th Sep 2010 12:04am
The wheat crunchies were well nice, used to get from video shop on belvidere rd. My old hang out lol
Posted By: The_Doorman Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 29th Sep 2010 12:10am
This place was in trouble a while back when they had a brothel above the shop.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 29th Sep 2010 9:24am
Back in the 90's there used to be a pool table in the back room aswell.
Posted By: SpecialK Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 30th Sep 2010 12:47pm

"They have now been bailed."

You wont be seeing them two again I guess
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 30th Sep 2010 7:39pm
I use to live above that shop 10 years ago. Later. after I moved out, I then learned it was used for prostitution !!

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 30th Sep 2010 9:40pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I use to live above that shop 10 years ago. Later. after I moved out, I then learned it was used for prostitution !!
Sounds like fun if you kept the same phone number raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police swoop on Wirral off licence - 4th Oct 2010 11:08am
lol Pop-In good name for a brothel
© Wirral-Wikiwirral