Forums
Posted By: hoseman POWER CUT - 12th Sep 2010 10:14pm
Just happened about 15mins ago, checked the RCD, no juice getting to it. Only some houses down rd affected, and some behind. just spoke to Scottish power, think maybe a phase gone down. Thing i dont get (im no sparks) is next door bothsides unaffected!!! Fixed in 3 hrs im told...Clocks ticking!
Missed the end of criminal minds!!! nono Best let you know that im in the North End...AND ive paid my bill!!!! LOL
Posted By: Sanchez Re: POWER CUT - 12th Sep 2010 10:18pm
3 phase is three phases....live 1, live2, live 3. each phase has 230V running down it and each house will recieced one of them and a neutral. I think the houses might be wired evenly so that
number 1 will get a brown phase (230V)
number 3 will get a black phase (230V)
number 5 will get a grey phase (230V)

and back to brown for number 7.Basically its just a way of spreading the load/demand.

You must be on a different phase to the houses either side to you.
Posted By: hoseman Re: POWER CUT - 12th Sep 2010 10:27pm
Different planet to some of the houses round by me mate!!!!
Know what you mean, just a pain, good job i got a fully charged battery on this notebook, prob is ive got BIG fingers and need to go back and correct my spelling!! LOL

Thanks Andy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: POWER CUT - 12th Sep 2010 10:45pm
lol n probs, see if you can rig an extention lead up from your neighbours as you might be without power for a while....mine lost his the other week and it look 1 hole day to put it bk on via next doors supply as they couldnt find his, a shed load of workies to find the real fault 3 days later then 3 more days to burry the holes in the road including a dumper truck at midnight to fill one of the holes.

Attached picture 06072009499.jpg
Attached picture 06072009500.jpg
Posted By: hoseman Re: POWER CUT - 12th Sep 2010 10:49pm
Aint even gonna mention that to my missus mate, she will freak!!! Three hoours was bad enuf!! Power just back on...Hurray!!!
Posted By: raymondo Re: POWER CUT - 13th Sep 2010 10:49am
30 mins not bad. you found a 50p for the meter then raftl
Posted By: Nomad Re: POWER CUT - 13th Sep 2010 1:26pm
Next door neighbour to me in Eastham also lost all their power before, now back on
© Wirral-Wikiwirral