Forums
Posted By: jen8505 Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 4:09pm
When I drove down Leasowe Road last night there were police by the solar campus/wasps school (I think it is). The police were still there earlier on today when I drove past. Does anyone know what is happening?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 4:13pm
There was something on the news last night about illegal cockle pickers having been down there.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 4:27pm
still there now
Posted By: julie253 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 5:02pm
Are you talking about the solar campus? Don't know what is going on - the police were there at about 2.00 this morning and have been there since. There are cars in the car park of the campus and doesn't look like they have moved at all.
Posted By: julie253 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 5:04pm
Don't know what is going on. I live just up the road and when I got a taxi at about 2 this morning they were the and are still there now.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 5:16pm

POLICE have launched an investigation after 10 tons of potentially-dangerous cockles were poached from a seabed in Wirral.

On Sunday, August 15, it was reported to police that around 50 people had arrived on Leasowe at around 9pm, in what is believed to have been 10 4x4 vehicles with trailers and began picking cockles from the seabed.

The incident is being investigated in partnership with the Food Standards Agency and the Environment Agency.

Police Wildlife Officer Rachael Krueger said: "We are concerned that a substantial quantity of cockles that have not been declared fit for consumption was poached from the Leasowe shoreline area on Sunday night.

"There are not only real safety concerns with people picking cockles due to the tides and the darkness but picking cockles commercially or more than 5kg-worth without holding a valid licence is a criminal offence.

"It is also a criminal offence to pick cockles at night. There are a raft of laws surrounding cockle picking which people should be aware of.

"Poaching can carry a custodial sentence and a hefty fine running into thousands of pounds.

"We are appealing for anyone with any information to contact us so we can jointly take action against these offenders to protect our cockles and ensure that those reaching the marketplace are ones that are safe to eat."

Anyone with any information is asked to call Merseyside Police Wildlife Officer on 0151 777 5441, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

A spokesman for The Food Standards Agency said: "Taking and selling cockles from an unclassified area for human consumption is a criminal offence.

"Cockles collected from unclassified shellfish beds can pose a serious risk to human health.

"The area is part of the inner Liverpool Bay which has had water quality and pollution issues over many decades.

"Although water quality has been improved in recent years it must be assumed that these cockles are unfit for human consumption.

"Any attempt to sell or process cockles which may have come from Leasowe in July and August 2010 should be reported to the Food Standards Agency and vigilance is essential to ensure all shellfish movement documents relating to cockles are in order."
Posted By: bert1 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 5:21pm
yesterday

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...kles_poached_from_sea_be.html#Post426408
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 5:44pm
So they are using the old St Georges middle school as their base for their investigation?
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 6:04pm
Oh and by the way jen8505, welcome to the machine.
Posted By: Mally Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 10:43pm
My Daughter has just told me that she was told two girls were raped last night down the Leasowe Road, I`m hoping and praying it`s not true.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 21st Aug 2010 10:53pm
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by Mally
My Daughter has just told me that she was told two girls were raped last night down the Leasowe Road, I`m hoping and praying it`s not true.
omg that's sick mate! :(by the way welcome to the machine wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 22nd Aug 2010 7:05am
Police forensics where there too, so doubt if its the cocklepickers.... but ive been known to be wrong on the `odd` occasion!!!! dunno
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 22nd Aug 2010 7:38am
Originally Posted by hoseman
Police forensics where there too, so doubt if its the cocklepickers.... but ive been known to be wrong on the `odd` occasion!!!! dunno

And me mate - lol
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 22nd Aug 2010 1:50pm
The police seem to have gone now so I'm guessing they've finished their investigations. Hope its not true
Posted By: MooMoo95 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 23rd Aug 2010 1:02pm
Unfortunately Mally is right. I'm not sure why this incident isn't being reported on in the local news. Keep your daughters safe.
Posted By: Dynamity Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 24th Aug 2010 1:05pm
How do you know that Mally is correct? surely if you dont know a 100% then you shouldn't confirm it is true?
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 24th Aug 2010 11:51pm
If it was true I would want to know. I have 2 daughters who live around leasowe Road.
Posted By: shazza51 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 26th Aug 2010 11:05pm
How old are your daughters? Hope they're not around the age of about 11/12 or I'd be more concerned about a certain resident of Leasowe if i were you not the people passing through!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 27th Aug 2010 8:31am
Originally Posted by shazza51
How old are your daughters? Hope they're not around the age of about 11/12 or I'd be more concerned about a certain resident of Leasowe if i were you not the people passing through!

Name please?
Posted By: shazza51 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 27th Aug 2010 10:08am
Really wish i could but dont wanna get charged wiv causing a riot as they will guess where it came from given that the girls involved was my daughter and also friends daughter just to mention 2! so really sorry, it will be out soon anyway thats all i can say, i'm surprised u dont already know about it, theres been grafiti on the walls down that way!
Posted By: xxxxxxx Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 27th Aug 2010 4:34pm
I would not normally post on sites in regard to such incidents, however i feel that law abiding citizens with young daughters should be aware of the incident that Mally referred to last Friday evening. What Mally reported is true and while I believe the chief suspect is no longer walking on the streets of Leasowe I am led to believe there were other young men....sorry COWARDS who were involved to a lesser or greater extent. My thoughts go out to the innocent young girls and their families who have been scarred by the cowardly ... that roam our streets.
Posted By: shazza51 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 28th Aug 2010 12:38am
In response to your comment above, i'm so glad this particular piece of dirt is no longer walking the streets but believe me he isnt the only one preying on young girls in Leasowe! I know of one still living there (but not for much longer! ha ha) I no longer live there mainly due to what happened to my daughter(10/11at the time) and also my friends daughter (9/10at the time)- altho i'm not so niaeve as to think that such crimes don't occur anywhere else! However, i do still have family and many good friends with young girls still living there and it makes me sick to think things like this happen and in some cases the victims are too scared to come forward or better still in the case of my daughter and my friends daughter charges were dropped due to the dirty f***ers' previous good character and strength of the evidence from each of the 2girls! (despite it being quite damning he was clever enuff to do wot he did behind his own front door so there were no witnesses!) If he'd done wot he did to mine&friends daughter in a public place he'd be charged, without any doubt with 'indecent exposeure 2 a minor' (under section 66 Sexual offences act 2003) so why should the fact that he's kept it behind closed doors in the privacy of his own home lessen his guilt??? Please can someone explain this to me coz the so called Child Protection Unit didnt do very good job of explaining it, especially to his victims (our 2girls!) I'm just greatful to the other young girl who has had the strength and courage to come forward and bring extra charges against the sicko, roll on December when he's back in court! Hopefully they'll lock him up and snap the key!
Posted By: MooMoo95 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 28th Aug 2010 7:29am
Hi Shazza51,
Are you referring to the incident last Friday on the Solar Campus or a different crime, I'm not quite clear on whether you are talking about the same incident? If you are talking about a different one, then it's even more worrying what's going on around that area. When I confirmed that the previous posters were correct about the rumours they had heard about the 2 girls
Ob
Posted By: MooMoo95 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 28th Aug 2010 8:11am
Sorry, something happened before I'd finished. What I was going to say was that I know for a fact that 2 young girls were raped last Friday, but obviously I can't say how I know because it might reveal who they are. This rape attack was disgusting and given the girls ages I am appalled that this has not been reported on so that local residents can be aware of what's happened and keep their daughters safe.
I
Posted By: Mally Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 29th Aug 2010 11:36pm
I was hoping I was wrong on this post, how is it that it takes forums like this one to find out about such a disgusting act to happen to two girls in our neighbourhood, surely something this bad has got to be reported in the local media (not everyone has access to Wikiwirral) so we can all be aware of what’s happening, especially us parents of young children.

Mal
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 29th Aug 2010 11:51pm
Originally Posted by Mally
I was hoping I was wrong on this post, how is it that it takes forums like this one to find out about such a disgusting act to happen to two girls in our neighbourhood, surely something this bad has got to be reported in the local media (not everyone has access to Wikiwirral) so we can all be aware of what’s happening, especially us parents of young children.

Mal

i know it sounds a bit sad mal but the police have powers to stop it being published in case it jepordises the case at court, ie: if the people that done it read whats been read they can learn and change their story from it. frown

So who was it anyway? PM ME!
Posted By: shazza51 Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 30th Aug 2010 3:09pm
No wasn't referring to the posted incident was referring to things that were going on for some time till my daughter and her friend had the courage to spill the bean on the dirty f***in rat! wont be long now b4 he's dealt with properly!
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Police presence on Leasowe Road - 30th Aug 2010 7:25pm
15 and 18, I always tell them to be careful wherever they go. I will tell them to be extra careful if they are going to visit their Nan on the Leasowe estate.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral