Forums
Posted By: dizdazdoz Doctor cleared of sexually molesting woman - 31st Jul 2010 2:10pm
Doctor cleared of sexually molesting woman at Wirral's Arrowe Park Hospital

A doctor accused of sexually molesting a young woman, who had gone to a walk-in medical centre complaining of abdominal pains, was today cleared.

A jury took just over two hours to unanimously find Dr Raza Hyder not guilty of sexual assault and he was discharged from the dock at Liverpool Crown Court.

During the week long trial Liverpool Crown Court heard that Dr Hyder told the 23-year-old woman to lie on the examination couch.

After she declined the offer of a chaperone he allegedly lowered her leggings and examined her abdomen and groin, touching her inappropriately.

Arthur Gibson, prosecuting, claimed he asked her to lie on her stomach and repeated what he had done when she was lying on her back.

Her mother was waiting for her at the all day health centre at Arrowe Park Hospital, and the alleged victim began to cry and gave her version of events.

Her mother went back in to complain to the receptionist and later rang the police.

40-year-old Dr Hyder, of Sandhurst Drive, Wilmslow, Cheshire, denied the allegations and said he had carried out "an entirely appropriate clinical examination."

He disputed her version of events and his defence team claimed that the woman's account was "unbelievable."

Dr Hyder said he had examined her lower abdomen and she had said the pain was lower down and pointed to between her legs.

He said that she had pulled her leggings down herself and he examined her groin but denied touching her genital area and said he had twice asked if she wanted a chaperone.

Source GLOBE
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Doctor cleared of sexually molesting woman - 31st Jul 2010 2:11pm
The reason I put this story up is I never understand why the women are never named after the male is cleared, mud sticks and stuff and that accusation will follow him forever.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Doctor cleared of sexually molesting woman - 31st Jul 2010 2:54pm
You would think that male Doctors would insist on another female being present when examining women in delicate areas, just to cover themselves from being accused of improprieties. Its a bit like being falsely accused of rape, men are found not guilty, yet their names are plastered all over the place, while the woman remains anonymous. While i wouldn't like to see a rape victims name appear, nor do i like to see a mans name appear until he is found guilty. In this case the Doctor should have remained anonymous until he had been found guilty, seeing as he wasn't his anonymity should of remained.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Doctor cleared of sexually molesting woman - 31st Jul 2010 3:18pm
Bert that is how I feel and you explained it in a better way.
Here here!
Presumably it is now up to the Police and the Crown Prosecution service to assess whether she possibly wasted police time and/or committed perjury. If they decide it is worth pursuing then her name will be exposed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral