Forums
Posted By: karenjon body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 9:00pm
anyone heard about a womans body been found in flat in new brighton . hope it not true .
Posted By: ticktock Re: body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 9:45pm
its been mentioned on the globe website
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8...s_found_at_flat_in_New_Brighton/?ref=rss
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 9:51pm
wheres albert street?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 10:16pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
wheres albert street?

Connects between Victoria Parade, Tollemache Road and Egerton Street
Posted By: Anonymous Re: body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 10:18pm
The internet is wonderful.
Posted By: kimpri Re: body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 10:19pm
victoria rd / victoria parade, new brighton.
Posted By: ck666 Re: body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 10:25pm
POLICE have confirmed they are investigating an unexplained death after a woman's body was discovered at a house in Wallasey this afternoon.

The body, believed to be that of a mother-of-two, was discovered by police at an address in Albert Street after 1pm, after a concerned neighbour raised the alarm.

The woman's family have been informed, but her name has not been released. A postmortem is due to take place tomorrow (Monday).

A police spokesman said tonight: "Merseyside Police are investigating an unexplained death, after officers were called to reports of a woman's body at a house in Wallasey shortly after 1pm. The victim's next of kin have been informed."

wirral globe
Posted By: Wench Re: body in flat new brighton - 11th Jul 2010 11:08pm
It is true frown She lives by me. It's a very sad thing to happen. My thoughts are with her little ones and family. R.I.P
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: body in flat new brighton - 12th Jul 2010 2:28am
poor kids! thoughts with them and close ones!
Posted By: karenjon Re: body in flat new brighton - 12th Jul 2010 8:28am
how sad it was true those poor little children no mum
Posted By: Peachy Re: body in flat new brighton - 12th Jul 2010 9:00am
I seen it all when dropping things off at Jaci's... Lots of police!
Posted By: Tilly Re: body in flat new brighton - 13th Jul 2010 12:33pm
Two young children left alone for two days after mum dies at their New Brighton home
TWO young children were left with their dead mum for two days before her body was discovered.

Police found the body of 29-year-old Debbie Caldwell at her home in Albert Street, New Brighton, on Sunday afternoon.

Worried neighbours raised the alarm just after 1pm after seeing her two daughters with their legs hanging out of an upstairs window.

Officers were unable to force their way in through a back door and had to use a ladder to climb into the end terrace house.

Her children, aged three and four, are now being cared for by social services.

Shocked neighbours in nearby Tollemache and Egerton Streets told the ECHO they last saw Ms Caldwell on Friday afternoon as she picked one of her children up from a nursery at New Brighton Primary School.

She is understood to have lived alone with her two daughters.

A note on flowers left on the doorstep read: “RIP Deb. Goodnight and God bless”.

One woman had tears in her eyes as she described seeing Ms Caldwell’s children being brought out of the house after their mum was found, one clutching a teddy bear and the other a ball.
She said: “You could see the two kids with their legs dangling from a window chucking clothes and things on to the street.
“That’s when the police were called, because people started to get worried.
“I heard them shouting ‘Can you come to the door?’ through the letterbox. There was a lot of banging as they tried to get in.

“We knew something had happened to her because a paramedic went in but he came out really quickly.

“They’ve had enough forensic people here to cover the whole street.”

Another woman living on Egerton Street, who asked not to be named, said she spoke with Ms Caldwell on Thursday.

She said: “She was a lovely lass and the children are beautiful. She always has them so well-dressed.

“She kept herself to herself but when I saw her she seemed happy and carefree. It’s just such a tragedy.”

Another neighbour, who lives opposite the house, said: “The police told us she’d lived here for between 12 and 18 months but I didn’t know her very well. It’s so sad that we don’t know our neighbours any more.”

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: “Merseyside Police can confirm that a post mortem has taken place following the discovery of a woman's body in a house in Albert Street.

“The results of the post mortem are inconclusive and the cause of death of the 29-year-old woman is unascertained pending toxicology results.
“It is believed that she died on Friday. Her two children, aged three and four, who were in the house, have been referred to social services.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...their-new-brighton-home-100252-26839618/

this is tragic those poor kiddies frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: body in flat new brighton - 13th Jul 2010 1:02pm
So so sad. frown
Posted By: Angel_x Re: body in flat new brighton - 13th Jul 2010 3:37pm
This is so so heart breaking. My thoughts are for her Little Angels poor babies a whole life without their mummy any more. R.I.P Debbie Caldwell may the Angels watch over your babies till you all meet again xxxx
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: body in flat new brighton - 13th Jul 2010 4:51pm
So so sad
RIP Honey
xx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: body in flat new brighton - 13th Jul 2010 5:29pm
Simply heart breaking.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: body in flat new brighton - 13th Jul 2010 5:41pm
Originally Posted by ck666
...A police spokesman said tonight... "... The victim's next of kin have been informed."
wirral globe

Hmmm... use of that word sounds like it was a murder...
(Natural causes don't create a "victim").

Way too much of this going on lately...
Posted By: oscarpops Re: body in flat new brighton - 13th Jul 2010 9:23pm
so sad for her two girls r.i.p debbie
Posted By: ponytail Re: body in flat new brighton - 14th Jul 2010 8:48am
Awful that the children are with the social services - they should be with familiar faces, relatives, people who care for them. Hopefully they will be out of the children's home soon, to someone who loves them as they must be going through such an upsetting/unsettling time.
Posted By: Wench Re: body in flat new brighton - 14th Jul 2010 1:55pm
I can't get them little ones out of my head. My only hope is that they won't remember much about it when they get older.
Posted By: Tilly Re: body in flat new brighton - 14th Jul 2010 2:46pm
Originally Posted by Wench
I can't get them little ones out of my head. My only hope is that they won't remember much about it when they get older.

I've been thinking about that too. I can't imagine what was happening in that flat when they couldn't wake their mum. I have grandkids aged 3 and 4, they are just babies. I shudder when I think about it. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: body in flat new brighton - 19th Jul 2010 10:48am
Tributes to Wirral mum Debbie Caldwell, found dead at home with her kids

THIS is tragic Merseyside mum Debbie Caldwell whose sudden death left her young children home alone.

The 29-year-old’s body was found at her home in New Brighton last week, two days after she is thought to have died.

Worried neighbours raised the alarm after seeing her three and four-year-old daughters at a window, throwing clothes onto the street.

Her former boyfriend Rob Williams told the ECHO he was shocked to learn of “bubbly and bright” Ms Caldwell’s death.

The couple met while working in a chicken factory near Queensferry and had a daughter, Chloe, in 2003.

They split when she was three and Mr Williams was awarded custody.

He lives with Chloe, now aged seven, his partner Debbie and their daughter Jasmine, 17 months, in Rock Ferry.

He said: “We were always talking and Debbie used to laugh a lot. She was always so happy.

“She was bubbly and quite bright and she was a good mum to Chloe.”

Mr Williams, 32, said Chloe had been told her mum was now in heaven.

He said: “I showed her a picture of Debbie but it’s hard for her to understand because she hadn’t seen her for three years.”

The cause of Ms Caldwell’s death has not yet been revealed.

Her funeral will take place at noon on Thursday at the centre chapel in Landican Cemetery, Birkenhead.

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: body in flat new brighton - 19th Jul 2010 8:12pm
oshocked robbie is a freind of mine, shocking!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: body in flat new brighton - 20th Jul 2010 10:26am
Inquest opens into the death of mother-of-two found dead at home in Wallasey

AN inquest has been opened into the death of a woman whose body was found at a house in Wallasey.

The body of Debbie Caldwell, a mother-of-two, was discovered by police who had forced entry into the address in Albert Street just after 1pm on Sunday, July 11, after a concerned passer-by raised the alarm.

An inquest was opened at West Kirby coroner's office on Monday afternoon and has been adjorned until a date to be fixed.

Coroner's officer Arthur Flower told the inquest that a passing motorist had raised the alarm after seeing the children dangling their feet out of a first-floor window.

Miss Caldwell's body was found by police and the 29-year-old was pronounced dead at 2pm. A postmortem by Dr Brian Rodgers at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital was conducted the following day.

The result of the examination has been withheld, pending further test results.

Police are satisified that there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Miss Caldwell's death.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE
© Wirral-Wikiwirral