Forums
Posted By: spinking Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 24th May 2010 8:40pm
Just heard that the Police were pulling peps with England flags on cars on Leasowe PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISNT TRUE
Posted By: McChimp Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 24th May 2010 8:44pm
Haha! No I dbout it is! This kind of rumours been floating around the country all week. It's just the silly old racists trying to instill malice and predjudice.
here here McChimp
Hi guys,

well i was in the shell petrol station on the a41.I over heard 2 female police officers saying " Look at that Kn*b head with the flags on the van. they may of been welsh..........
Posted By: Wheels Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 7:23am
If I heard the police say that I'd give them a right dressing down.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 7:35am
Originally Posted by Wheels
If I heard the police say that I'd give them a right dressing down.

Wheels, who do you think would have come off worse in that situation?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 7:44am
Them! Ha

I would not be breaking the law by telling them that what they said was not PC and very unprofesional and how sad I am to be paying their wages to act like that.

Then I'd get my 8ft by 6ft England flag out and run down the road. What can they do?

Oh and I would record it on my phone raftl
Posted By: daisy_kat Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 9:45am
This is so sad! is it just in Wirral or all over?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 9:54am
A guy who lives just round the corner from me on Price street had a giant English flag in his front garden which was excellent. Now he's got a Union Flag up... I hope his English flag wasn't stolen by the rozzers busted
Posted By: Brocks Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 11:50am
I had one fall off a car and bounch of my windscreen last week on the motorway. I'd like this think this is what they're clamping down on rather than the fact that they are English flags.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 1:45pm
Originally Posted by Brocks
I had one fall off a car and bounch of my windscreen last week on the motorway. I'd like this think this is what they're clamping down on rather than the fact that they are English flags.

I like to think that this is why they are asking us to remove them smile
Posted By: McChimp Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 2:57pm
It's the most sensible and logic reason, not because they're trying to restart the wraith of the Fuher.

I saw a car on my way to Upton with an England flag waving out the top of the boot and flowing in the air. That's not Patriotic...that's dangerous.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 3:41pm
They are stupid and tacky and dangerous.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 3:56pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
They are stupid and tacky and dangerous.

Who, the English?
Posted By: McChimp Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 4:49pm
I lol'd!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 6:07pm
LOL, not what I intended Bandy, but very true!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 10:01pm
As said, it's probably illegal to have any cheap Chinese tat half stuck on the car waiting to come loose at any time.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 25th May 2010 10:29pm
Would the police ask us to remove another flag, say if it was french or spanish? Attached in the same way?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 26th May 2010 4:49am
Hopefully they would.
Posted By: starakita Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 26th May 2010 9:09am
ithink it may be because the cheap ones do come off. iused sticky tape to keep the flag stuck to the stick. im not bothered this year cos i havent got a car at the mo and idont think my dad would be keen to have flags on his car.also its probably the people who have giant ones stuck on there trucks.
Posted By: McChimp Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 26th May 2010 4:33pm
I'm going stick two big British bulldogs out of my window. Plaster the car in crumpets and bang hardcore music out of a car. That's so patriotic they'd make a movie about me.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 26th May 2010 4:49pm
I have two flags on my car not been pulled yet but will let you,s know if i do lol cool thumbsup
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 26th May 2010 4:49pm
I like the idea of people celebrating their nationality - whatever it is - but if they haven't put safety first then they shouldn't bother. Last thing I want hitting my car when I'm going at speed is a plazzy flag!!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 26th May 2010 5:38pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
Last thing I want hitting my car when I'm going at speed is a plazzy flag!!

The LAST thing, I can think of PLENTY more things to be last than a cheap piece of plastic tat grin
Hmmm..could it be they are just horrendously chavvy and just plain tacky...the police are just using a bit of common sense to improve the standards of taste and decency?
Originally Posted by Mother_Goose
Hmmm..could it be they are just horrendously chavvy and just plain tacky...the police are just using a bit of common sense to improve the standards of taste and decency?

Welcome to the machine.
The machine?
what has that got to do with taste and decency?
It’s a way of welcoming you to the forums “Welcome to the machine” © Capt America 2009. Quoting what you said was to show whom the greeting was aimed at. Just for the record, I love the flags on cars. If you are English you should show that you are proud. The Eurocrats have tried to diminish the English race for far too long.
ahh
apologies...that makes sense.
However....yankee confederate flags painted on the roof of chargers is significantly more tasteful and appropriate way of doing things rahter than half assed tacky plastic england flags...n'est pas?
Originally Posted by Mother_Goose
................... significantly more tasteful than half assed tacky plastic england flags...

................. that are more than likely made in China
Posted By: Papa_Juliet Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 28th May 2010 9:49pm
News Biscuit
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 12:26am
hahaha! Love it
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 12:51am
Originally Posted by McChimp
I'm going stick two big British bulldogs out of my window. Plaster the car in crumpets and bang hardcore music out of a car. That's so patriotic they'd make a movie about me.

Count me in McChimp, not forgetting the pork pies lobbed out the windows and the pan of scouse served from ladles from a great height grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 4:54pm
Haha love it! laugh
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 6:33pm
well im going to get my stepladder out and put my england flag on the ariel of my french renault espace
dad/croc has put flags on the car.... idiot
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 9:24pm
The flag across the front of the house is still in the planning stage.
Noooooooooooo!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 10:34pm
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Posted By: starakita Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 10:51pm
if i get a car before the world cup i'll put flags on it. the kids want to put them on my dads car when i borrow it but i dont think he's that keen. ibought some to put out of the house windows.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 11:24pm
Originally Posted by starakita
if i get a car before the world cup i'll put flags on it. the kids want to put them on my dads car when i borrow it but i dont think he's that keen. ibought some to put out of the house windows.

The flags are very quickly removed and applied, go for it! £1.50 in Tesco!
don't encourage him!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 29th May 2010 11:37pm
if ya cant beat them join them!

i might be a DICK too and spray my spare bonnet laugh

haha! tease
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 30th May 2010 10:12am
I've got a big Welsh dragon flag flying next door to me. Nobody complains about that, the Druid is ok anyway.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 31st May 2010 10:28pm
lol ha ha he he

Under new proposals to improve road safety during the summer season when traffic levels on Britain’s roads peak, the government has rolled out plans under which the stupidest drivers in England will have to identify themselves by displaying distinctive red and white flags on each side of the car. In extreme cases, more than two flags will need to be carried.

‘This is not discrimination, it is common sense,’ said new Transport Minister Norman Baker MP. ‘Some aggressive young men with brains the size of sweetcorn are a dangerous menace on our roads. With this requirement in place, at least other drivers and pedestrians will be able to see

them coming.’

Emergency legislation has been brought in to require all those defined as boy racers, pillocks and half-wits to display the flags from today until the end of July. If successful, the safety scheme may be extended indefinitely.

Some commentators have questioned the governments’ legal definition of ’stupid drivers’ which a leaked memo reveals as ‘all builders, scaffolding workers, road diggers and delivery men, and any other male who works with his hands or takes sugar in his tea.’

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Alex called reporter a rude nameThe devolved Scottish and Welsh governments said that they would not be introducing similar legislation, fearing that it may be counter-productive. When Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond was repeatedly asked if there were any plans to fly flags from vehicles in Scotland this summer, his response was to swear loudly at the English reporter and then attempt to punch him in the face.

In a separate development, the government’s clampdown on loutish behaviour has seen a clampdown targetted at young males wearing football shirts in public. The guidelines caused a delay to the kick off in the England friendly last night after twenty-two men were detained by police in the Wembley area.

lol whaa everrr lol

come on peeps get 1 on the car wiki England flags smile
Posted By: Nigel Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 4th Jun 2010 10:55am
With the World Cup approaching, England fans will be flying their England flags proudly in support of their country.

But rumours circulating on the internet have raised fears that hoisting the St George's flag on cars, mounting flags on windows and even wearing England T-shirts may be illegal.

Police forces have moved to reassure people that they are not at risk of being arrested for simply displaying flags in support of their national football team.

So what are the rules around the flag?

It is not illegal to hang flags in windows at home
If you plan to display flags from your car, make sure they don't restrict your sight or the sight of other drivers
Wearing England T-shirts, or T-shirts of any other nationality, is not an offence
As for carrying flags and wearing team colours in pubs, fans should be aware that pub licence holders may have specific dress codes, or landlords may enforce restrictions which must be followed. Police will only take action where people are committing an offence, regardless of what they're wearing.

So the message from police is that people can display patriotic symbols freely so long as they're not offensive or a danger on the road, and enjoy the games.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/Broadcasts/DG_188060
Posted By: bert1 Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 4th Jun 2010 12:05pm
I won't displaying a flag on my car, if you like, look upon it as an Unmarked supporters car.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 4th Jun 2010 1:47pm
raftl
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Police making you take ENGLISH flags off - 5th Jun 2010 6:29am
That is quite a funny full stop smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral