Forums
Posted By: nicky Shop on liscard road cordened off - 19th May 2010 11:41am
does anyone know what is goin on at the shop nearby Murco garage on liscard road (opposite Falkland Rd)?? Ive been told the entrance is covered and all taped off??
Posted By: MrsH1 Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 19th May 2010 12:33pm
I dont know, I seen 2 Police outside at lunchtime and the doorway has been covered with green mesh so you cant see in. 3 forensics went in too.
Posted By: AndyD Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 19th May 2010 2:34pm
On Heart 97.1 news page -
A 55 year old man is in hospital after being stabbed in the arm in Liscard - http://www.heart.co.uk/wirral/local/news/man-stabbed-liscard/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 19th May 2010 6:36pm

Police appeal after Wirral man is stabbed

POLICE have launched a witnesses appeal after a 55-year-old man was stabbed at his home in Liscard early this morning.

The victim was at the property in Liscard Road when it is believed up to three offenders forced entry to his flat just after 4.35am.

He was stabbed in the arm when he went to investigate a noise downstairs. The offenders, believed to be two men and one woman, then ran off.

The victim received a serious injury to his forearm and was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.

Detective Inspector Dave McCaughrean said: "We believe this was a targeted attack but we are being open-minded as to the motive and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.

"Neighbours have reported hearing a commotion and people running down nearby Alverston Road at around that time so we ask anyone who may have heard anything to let us know, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

"We will not tolerate knife crime on the streets of Merseyside and seek the public's help in finding these offenders so they can be brought to justice."

Police have conducted house-to-house enquiries and patrols have been stepped up in the area.

Anyone with any information can call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2264 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 20th May 2010 9:54am
W*nkers!
I hope these morons are caught!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 20th May 2010 9:55am
Is this near the Murco near the roundabout (near Greedys)?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 20th May 2010 10:05am
I passed it yesterday, seen the police, just a bit further down from the Kings Arms. Heading towards the docks.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 20th May 2010 12:53pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
W*nkers!
I hope these morons are caught!

And when they are they will just get a ticking off as per normal! Our magistrates are too soft!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shop on liscard road cordened off - 20th May 2010 12:56pm
Originally Posted by Violet
Is this near the Murco near the roundabout (near Greedys)?

no The Murco on Liscard road smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral