Forums
Posted By: Neil_c Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 2:28pm
Fire engines were just turning up to free the person in the car. Traffic lights hit.

Attached picture DSC00181.JPG
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 2:30pm
Pain in the neck that junction, on the surface it is difficult to spot anything wrong with the junction but its often a squeeze when you go through. Hope all are ok.
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 2:30pm
Woodchurch Rd

Attached picture DSC00179.JPG
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 2:32pm
I think it's confusing for traffic turning right from Prenton Hall and Holm Lane at the same time. I remember about 10 years ago when Prenton Hall just came straight out onto Woodchurch Rd.
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 2:35pm
Note the angle of the camera on the corner.
Posted By: karenjon Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 3:04pm
hope all ok was it between car and a van
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 3:21pm
it was between a red corsa and a silver renault megane saloon. a yound woman and a baby were in the red corsa. went in an ambulance. don't know if any were hurt the dad came up with the babies bottle and got in the ambulance with them. the female driver of the renault was took in an abulance and about 10 minutes later they finally managed to cut an elderly man from the passenger seat of the renault. which was wrapped around the traffic light pole. the renault was coming down from the swan towards the flyover and the red corsa was coming from prenton hall road. hit each other and the silver renault went into the traffic light. apparently it was the silver car's fault. not 100 % sure though.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 4:14pm
There's a problem with the lights, as when the 'left' filter goes off (coming from prenton hall road), the other side traffic is on green. For some reason, they think they can turn right without regard for traffic coming the other way. I've had to slam on a couple of times because someone has just blindly cut me up head on.
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Crash on Woodchurch Rd / Holm Lane - 18th Apr 2010 4:24pm
The Prenton Hall junction is too close to the Swan junction. When buses stop between the two, cars end up fighting for space. This is a real problem when it's home time for St Saviors primary. It's hard to say what else could be done without knocking stuff down.

I'd imagine they could put filters on the lights, but it would throw the timings out between Holm Lane and Holmlands Drive.

I would think at the very least, getting rid of the bus stop would be a start.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral