Forums
Posted By: chriskay Lewis's - 1st Apr 2010 9:22pm
Is it local enough? Saw today that Lewis's in Liverpool is closing down. They said that the lease expires in June, but they didn't say when it was closing. Does anyone know?
Posted By: chiccy Re: Lewis's - 1st Apr 2010 9:23pm
not too sure but i think santas there this weekend
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Lewis's - 1st Apr 2010 9:32pm
I think its June when they finally close. There also going to open up the top floors for people to visit the Grotto, old Red Rose Cafe and the art deco hairdressers, itll be like a time capsule up there, Im def going. I saw it on TV tonight and the ground floor looked like a junk shop, everyone grabbing sales stuff! Sad for Lewis's
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Lewis's - 1st Apr 2010 9:33pm
It is very sad it is closing, a sign of the times though. I always used to go over there to buy my aftershave, my dad took me there to see the Daleks in the 60's and I was terrified!
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Lewis's - 1st Apr 2010 9:41pm
cry Poor old Lewis's, wonder what they are going to replace it with?
Posted By: kimpri Re: Lewis's - 1st Apr 2010 10:08pm
What about poor old Dickie?

Description: dickie lewis
Attached picture 3744383202_5776969f20_m.jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lewis's - 1st Apr 2010 10:54pm
Omg! Ya cant rid of dickie! Used to go red + chuckle every time we went past in me dads car!! Hehe.
Nooo! Save the dick-i feel a facebook page coming on!!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Lewis's - 2nd Apr 2010 7:37am
I'm sure it's not the only dickie in Liverpool to be redundant these days raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lewis's - 2nd Apr 2010 8:15am
Bad news indeed. My first ride on an escalator was at Lewis's as a nipper - quite a big deal then. The Toy Dept. on one of the upper floors was an eye-opener. Always a massive working model of something or other made out of Meccano!

Must get down for a last visit before June (?).

Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Lewis's - 2nd Apr 2010 8:35am
it is very sad news think its closing may i think? more bad news for renshaw street after rapid moving

good news Santa is in town!! cool

Description: HO HO
Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Lewis's - 2nd Apr 2010 10:08pm
I found out that Lewis's also had a car showroom on one of the upper floors! The lift that could hold a complete car is still in the shop and in operation. Save Our Dickie!! Save it before someone chops it off for a souvenir!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lewis's - 3rd Apr 2010 1:11pm
Facebook page set up. '' save john lewis' statue. Liverpool''.
Could do with some pictures + info if anyone wants to assist.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Lewis's - 3rd Apr 2010 10:40pm
Go on the Lewiss Web page, Theres a gallery of pics, some info aswell and peoples memories. Save our Dickies d..k!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lewis's - 3rd Apr 2010 11:00pm
A.k.a d.i.y. Thanks wink. Lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral