Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 15th Mar 2010 6:30pm
Investigation underway after body is found at burned out garage in Wallasey

AN investigation is underway following a fatal fire at a garage in Wallasey this afternoon.

Police were called to Gloucester Road at about 12.30pm where Merseyside Fire and Rescue service were in attendance at a fire in a detached garage.

A badly burnt body in the property after the fire had been extinguished.

An investigation has been launched and police Crime Scene Investigators are at the scene today, working with Fire Service colleagues to find the cause of the fire.

The Coroner has been informed and a post mortem will take place to establish the cause of death.

Anyone with information can contact Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 15th Mar 2010 7:18pm
no This is why we have fire extinguishers in our garages wink
Originally Posted by _Ste_
no This is why we have fire extinguishers in our garages wink

withthat

Could have been foul play
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 15th Mar 2010 10:54pm
Could have been suicide.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 15th Mar 2010 11:18pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
Could have been foul play
Originally Posted by aegean
Could have been suicide.
i aint gonna speculate following the grove road car on the roof incident!
Fact is (often) stranger than fiction.
How sad frown

THE body of a badly burned woman was found in a garage at the side of a house in Wirral.

Firefighters were called to the scene of the fire, in Gloucester Road, Wallasey, at around midday yesterday, after neighbours reported smoke coming from the garage.

When they put out the blaze in the detached garage, they discovered the body.

Shocked neighbours named the woman as ‘Karen’, a married mum-of-two, who worked in a local primary school.

A woman who lived a few doors down from the scene told the ECHO: “I had just got in from the hairdressers when I saw smoke coming from their garage, so I called the fire brigade.

“I did not think too much of it until an ambulance arrived, and then a policeman knocked on our door.

“The woman who died was a lovely person.

“She taught yoga to the pupils at Greenleas school.

“She leaves behind a husband and two lovely children.

Another neighbour said: “The woman who died was Karen and she is survived by her husband Martin and two beautiful children.

“ It is a tragedy.”
A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: “There is an investigation after a fatal fire at a garage in Wallasey.

“Police were called to Gloucester Road where Merseyside Fire and Rescue were in attendance.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Merseyside Police on 0151 7096010.

Source: Wirral News
Posted By: DavidB Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 16th Mar 2010 10:18am
frown frown frown frown frown

I assume it was a house garage? How sad. frown
Tragic.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 16th Mar 2010 11:18pm
Any more news on this?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 17th Mar 2010 1:24am
omg thats so sad frown
The lady you speak of is my sister in law and yes it is VERY SAD !!! Found one comment very hurtful about the fire extinguishers shouldnt make fun of something like that! there is a 4 and 11 year old left without there mum now ! I just hope no one has to go through what our family is... xx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 4th May 2010 7:10pm
Originally Posted by saxmadjo
The lady you speak of is my sister in law and yes it is VERY SAD !!! Found one comment very hurtful about the fire extinguishers shouldnt make fun of something like that! there is a 4 and 11 year old left without there mum now ! I just hope no one has to go through what our family is... xx

Firstly. welcome to the forum. I hope you visit here often.

I don't think the comment in regards to fire extinguishes was meant to "make fun". Members very rarely mock any tragedy and the moderators and the owner of this site ensure that never occurs.
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I hope you visit here often.

That's a lot to ask...they only visited to take things the wrong way.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 5th May 2010 4:17am
Wow how sad frown RIP

do we know how it happened? frown
Posted By: DavidB Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 5th May 2010 11:13am
withthat

Newspapers never follow up things like this. It is tragic, as mentioned.
Actually i have been on this site before but never posted ! You can't really think that i should take it in a funny or other way specially with the wink ! Sorry if i havent got much of a sense of humour at the mo.. She was a brilliant and lovely person and touched many hearts..

There is an inquest thats why nothing has been followed up, so should be in the local paper soon once everything is back.
oh ment to say, i am not normally a snotty moo but anything to do with her i get rubbed up the wrong way.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 5th May 2010 5:55pm
dont worry about it, hope the family is ok.
this lady suffered from very bad depression. and it was suicide. she killed her self with a lighter and oil and she was a dear friend of mine. Karen had two children, one in Mosslands and the other who is three years. It has been a huge break-down for Karen's family and all of her friends. Everybody tryed to help her be happy but she had depression too badly and there was no chance of recovery.
I loved Karen and this is still haunting me that she is gone and I won't see her ever again. Her husband, Martin, is currently looking after the kids and I regulary go to see him to check on all of them.

Tracy.
Thank you for sharing that information Tracy, I hope life returns to as normal as it can.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Body Found at Burned out Garage in Wallasey - 29th Oct 2010 1:13pm
Yoga teacher died following garage fire at her Wirral home, inquest is told

A YOGA teacher, who suffered from depression, died after starting a fire in the garage of her Wirral home, an inquest heard.

The body of Karen Gallagher, 44, was found on the garage floor by firefighters who attended the property in Gloucester Road, Wallasey, on March 15. A postmortem found that the mother-of-two had died from severe burns.

Coroner’s officer Donald Johnston told the inquest at Wallasey Town Hall last week that on the morning of her death, Miss Gallagher had been seen riding a bicycle with a petrol can on the handle bars.

The fire service was called to her home just after midday following reports that smoke was seen coming from the garage and the side door was locked.

Firefighters forced the garage door open and found the mother-of-two lying on the floor. A green-coloured petrol can was found nearby.

The postmortem conducted by Dr Krishna Gumparthy at Arrowe Park Hospital revealed that Miss Gallagher had sustained 81 per cent burns. A toxicology examination showed no traces of alcohol in her blood.

The inquest heard that Miss Gallager had suffered from depression and had made several attempts to self-harm.

Three weeks before the fire, she had jumped into Birkenhead docks but later told her partner, Martin Harvey, that the shock of the cold water had made her think of her famiily.

Recording a narrative verdict, Wirral coroner, Christopher Johnson, said: "The deceased died as the result of self-inflicted burns."

A narrative verdict is one in which the coroner simply records the circumstances surrounding the death.

THE GLOBE
© Wirral-Wikiwirral