Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 27th Feb 2010 4:10pm
By the car wash+ mot place. Loads of police and about 6 fire engines. Anybody know anything?
Anyone know anything about this, apparently its the OLD Birkenhead Tunnel entrance by Corporation Rd.

ta

http://www.wirralworld.com/fire-crews-by-old-tunnel-entrance-in-birkenhead-t59.html
I seen them there this morning about 10am when I was on the way to the gym, police, fire engines and incident unit was there, can't be much down there I was thinking were they all doing some training but I could be wrong
7 fire engines,3 ambulance and loads of police,there was a sign saying traffic accident but i drove through easily and couldnt see anything at all on the road except for the emergency services,maybe something down the tunnel entrance because there was more activity there.very strange
Posted By: SUExx Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 27th Feb 2010 5:08pm
its not the la machine spider is it
Are we talking Holborn Square?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 27th Feb 2010 5:31pm
by corpy road
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 27th Feb 2010 5:36pm
There was a separate thread on earlier about emergency vehicles at the old (road) tunnel - Dock Branch. Corporation Road as rude says. Yup, a little confusing, especially with the Tranmere Tunnel sketch in full flight as well!
linked some piccies here

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...ngines_and_Police_by_Bir.html#Post391761
Ooooh Mersey tunnel - gotcha now. Looks like a training exercise maybe?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 27th Feb 2010 7:43pm
i pm'd jase before- to do a 'merge', maybe? me and newbrightoner did seperate posts within two seconds of each other- weird!!
Posted By: Macgold Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 27th Feb 2010 8:37pm
It was a combined rescue services exercise. They had simulated an RTA in the tunnel. Rescue services involved Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire and North Wales. This included a search dog team from Merseyside fire and rescue.
I will try and post some photos taken earlier today.
There was training going on down there. I believe the fire command unit there was lancashire fire service. Its one of the largest sections of subteranian tunnel in europe thats not in everday use
huh many ya wounder how much profit mersey travel will make from that.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 28th Feb 2010 12:15am
Ah.. I was going to ask about all the fire trucks! I saw them about half 5
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 28th Feb 2010 2:31am
I do hope they forgot to lock up proper! Fat chance but a girl can dream! wink haha
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fire Engines and Police by Birkenhead Tunnel - 28th Feb 2010 12:55pm
merged into one.. wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral