Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Traffic disruption in Bhead following collision - 25th Feb 2010 2:30pm
THERE is traffic disruption in Birkenhead Town centre following a collision this morning.

The incident, involving two vans, occurred at the roundabout at the junction of Argyle Street and Conway Street.

One of the vehicles mounted the roundabout. There are no reports of any injuries.

THE GLOBE
WTF - should have taken long for those to be recovered, especially if no-one was hurt think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Traffic disruption in Bhead following collision - 25th Feb 2010 2:50pm
How about building a flyover over this junction ? You could have it leading to the tunnel !!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. (?)
raftl
thanks to these to white van driving fools joyride I was late for work this morning nice one lads thumbsup, I can only guess the pc were bored and thought lets hold everyone up and again nice one pc
Posted By: DavidB Re: Traffic disruption in Bhead following collision - 25th Feb 2010 11:05pm
Good idea about the flyover. I don't reckon it'd be an eyesore either. laugh
the flyover originally did go over this junction but was disassembled in the late 80's or early 90's not sure and the only sign of it heading that way is the little stub with the bars sealing it off. the road pieces are still around stacked on top of each other where Birkenhead Town Station once stood. it should be easy to reuse them and rebuild the supporting beams.
Posted By: Mark Re: Traffic disruption in Bhead following collision - 25th Feb 2010 11:48pm
They could do a exit Flyover too,
you know for cars coming out of the Tunnel wink
one of these fools is currently in intensive care fighting for his life. the papers are wrong. and the police were not bored. they needed to peice together what happened. so please, before you do shout outs like this, get the facts straight.
Welcome to Wikiwirral kaylee, can you let us know what you know then? Thanks. smile
it wasnt jus a smash. sorry if people think that getting to work on time is more important that someones life. the lad involved is literally fightin for his life. I cant say too much as papers have been trying to get intouch. but please to everyone, dont talk like tha as we r all devastated enough.
I heard it is a 24 yr old who had a heart attack and is in a critical condition. I think a lot of people jumped the gun with their comments.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Traffic disruption in Bhead following collision - 28th Feb 2010 12:06am
Was he injured because of the crash or purely because of the heart attack. Hope he's OK.
Hope he's okay. Best Wishes.
hes had a heart attack at the wheel, which caused the crash. hes still in a critical condition but signs of improvment. no injurys from the actual crash tho...and hes 26. thank you for the best wishes. i jus wish people would know the story before starting to moan about bein late for work. so annoying. like we need people slaggin the situation off. never mind, got more important things to worry about, obviously!x
Thats terrible frown hope he's ok.
poor lad hope he gonna be ok
frown I hope he recovers soon, I have only just turned 27 myself frown scary .

The good people of WikiWirral Send our regards

[Linked Image]
any news on this poor lad . pray he's ok as i have a son myself not much younger ,can,t imagine what the familys going through
People always have a reaction to these things, bet they feel right tools though once the facts come out. Not worth getting worked up about.
I would like to apologise for my earlier comments, I based it on the Wirral Globes new report and as they were stating There are no reports of any injuries, I assumed it was 2 people in a rush and they had a tangle on the roundabout I see a lot of people pulling out of junctions and on to around about rather late going to and from work in rush hour traffic and from the way it was reported and they jokey comments prior to mine.

Young man having a heart attack is shocking, I hope he makes a full recovery, it’s an awful thing to happen to anyone but a young man you wouldn’t expect it to happen to, suppose it can happen to anyone of us.

Traffic accidents are horrible things people getting hurt etc, shame the reporter of the Wirral Globe didn’t update there report.

I won’t be posting in future and keeping my fat mouth shut, I’ll just stick to reading posts instead.
Don't worry about it Chriss, we have all dropped clangers and sometimes posts are not appropriate when the full facts are known. We're all human and your apology more than compensates, keep posting mate.
Originally Posted by bert1
Don't worry about it Chriss, we have all dropped clangers and sometimes posts are not appropriate when the full facts are known. We're all human and your apology more than compensates, keep posting mate.

withthat
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Traffic disruption in Bhead following collision - 2nd Mar 2010 2:52pm
Witness appeal launched after collision in Birkenhead

POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a serious road traffic collision in Birkenhead.

Shortly after 8am on Thursday, officers were called to the junction of Argyle Street and Conway Street following reports of a collision between a white Peugeot 'Boxer' van and a white Renault 'Trafic' van.

The 26-year-old driver of the Peugeot was travelling along Argyl Street towards the roundabout junction when it was in collision with the Renault, which was being driven by a man from Wallasey.

No-one was seriously injured due to the collision but investigators believe the 26-year-old Peugeot driver may have had a heart attack at the wheel.

He is currently in hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.

Collision investigators are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident to contact them on 0151 777 5771.

THE GLOBE
he did have a heart attack at the wheel which caused the crash. he also had futher heart attacks in the hospital, one of which was major.
however, all our prays have been answered, hes pulled through...
he has much improved since my last post, hes even just come out of intensive care today - still highly dependant though
like ive said in previous posts, ive been asked not to say to much as things can get out of hand an rumours start, then papers get involved. etc.
thanks for all ur best wishes
x
Last thing you expect at 26, glad to hear he's picking up. Thanks for keeping us informed.
me also glad to hear he's picking up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral