Forums
Posted By: IanPenny The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 1:51pm
This is why facebook is so good.

Echo
Posted By: Wench Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 2:01pm
Guttted!!! That's one reason kids shouldn't be allowed on it!! Not the sharpest tool in the box was she no I bet she will find herself grounded for the next 10 yrs.

Posted By: StuyMac Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 2:04pm
One of the comments..

Originally Posted by Echo
Moriarty wrote:
Our house always looks like that!

raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 2:08pm
That made me giggle too, that and the one about the turn ups on his jeans raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 2:31pm
Stupid cow, my daughter would get an ass kicking of her life for that! I've Never allowed a party at my parents or had a party in my house with any guest I didn't personnaly know. I feel sorry for the younger kids having there stuff ruined.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 3:04pm
Only 15 yr old as well, that poor bloke has got worse to come yet. Been there, seen it, done it, got the T shirt. Then they get older and have their own kids and suddenly, like a Road to Damascus thing, they get the revelation that they know where you was coming from all of a sudden. That's life in all it's glory.
Posted By: bert1 Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 3:53pm
The young girl might be a bit silly, but how have the others been brought up to want and go and do that to someones house. I went to loads of parties when i was a kid and never seen anything like that, even the gate crashers knew how to behave themselves.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 3:57pm
And they reckon some of the gits were in their 20's. It's a sorry old state we're in and nobody knows how to right it, even the "experts" can't agree on sod all and on top of that they are only looking after number one and expecting us to pick up the bills. If they set that example then no wonder we are in shoit street.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 5:21pm
Its nothing to do with facebook, and everything to do with a stupid little girl who should have known better.

Do we blame Ford if a drunk gets in it and gets caught and locked up?
Posted By: uggla Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 6:56pm
just seen this on the tv lol
Posted By: DavidB Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 10:21pm
Nice bit of insurance payout though for new TV, new baby's bedroom, new wendy house, etc.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 10:31pm
Since when has Wallasey been Liverpool - as heard on BBC news!!!!

They keep asking who is responsible - Are they stupid. The bloody daughter is responsible (well irresponsible actually)! She caused the whole thing by mis behaving!
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 11:13pm
I feel sorry for the girl, she has got live with this for a long time. Its the idiots who wrecked the place that should be punished. Shes prob right in the middle of her course work for school, poor kid.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The joys of facebook. - 22nd Feb 2010 11:45pm
Yer, the girls a bit soft-to say the least but wtf was she left home alone at that age? And wot kind of freaks go to parties with the intention of activly, intentionally wrecking the joint?
Posted By: Volly Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 12:12am
Who's fault is it?

Facebook? NO!

The young girl? NO! ( well partly )

The stupid parents for leaving a 15 year old girl home alone to have a party? YES! YES! YES!

What where they thinking and what did they expect to happen?

OK, so they knew she was having friend's around for a "get together" but who on earth would leave them to it on thier own?

Nobody to blame but themselves I'm afraid.

Silly mummy and daddy
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 12:14am
I agree. Why was she left alone at 15? It was prob a stupid mistake one which she is totally regretting. By the looks of her dad on the tv, he isnt going to forgive and forget. As for the freaks who wrecked the place.... .........!!!!!!! ards!!!
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 12:16am
I agree Volly, her Mum and Dad were definitely in the wrong.... I really feel for the young girl.
Posted By: bert1 Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 7:32am
So what a lot of you seem to be saying, if someone is stupid enough or makes the mistake of broadcasting a party, its alright, and it can only be expected that a load of ... turn up and trash someones property. It appears that everyone is to blame who actually live in the house and not the pricks who invaded and destroyed it.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 7:55am
Given the number of times that someone has posted a party on Facebook only to see their home trashed, yes I do think the girl is to blame. The ... are also to blame as they did the actual damage, but the girl has to take her fair share of this blame.

Had she sent 'private messages' to her facebook friends about the party, which is perfectly easy to do' there would have been less likelyhood of any damage occuring, unless one of her friends posted the party publicly.

But no, she decided to post it publicly herself, and then wonders why all and sundry turn up. Its happened before, it will happen again, as long as people keep posting private stuff in a public way.

As for the parent, I doubt they would have left their daughter alone in the house if they knew in advance what she had done/had planned.
Posted By: bert1 Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 8:17am
If we put to one side the stupidity of advertising a party on a forum and whether she should of been left alone. What the hell goes on, and it wasn't only children, reports say, people in their twenties, leave a property like a herd of buffalo have run through it, Is this what they call fun now, is this what we should expect from guests, invited or not, to wreck someones property. Lets hope their caught and severely dealt with.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 8:48am
SHE WASN'T LEFT HOME ALONE!!!!!!
Her parents had arranged for the kids to stay with friends but the daughter sneaked back home.
That's what I read anyway.

Posted By: MissGuided Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 9:15am
Lock her in a tower until she learns her lesson!! somad raftl
Posted By: bert1 Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 9:25am
But don't tell anyone, because that will get wrecked as well.
Posted By: AR_One Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 11:35am
Aren't most of us missing the point here - yes she shouldn't of sneaked home to meet her friends and drink alcopops but what part of finding out about a party allows someone to go to a strangers house and cause criminal damage because there's a party there?

As mentioned above the society is now totally the wrong way up the girl and her parents are getting slated for someones else criminal activity. Yes she and her friends made this easier by their actions but they didn't smash anything. It's the same way that the Police are ofter blamed for not preventing crime which conveniently forgets that it isn't then doing the robbing, stealing, stabbing, shooting etc.

Rant over!
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 1:48pm
But given that we know that this crime already existed and that there have been many publicised cases of this king of thing happening what right minded person gives these scummy idiots what amounts to an open invitation?

We all know that car crime is a big thing, not just here, but everywhere. Do I post where my car is for anyone to come along and take it?

Yes the ... are to blame for the damage, but the girl is to blame for facilitating their damage by openly advertising the party in the first place.

Private message - no damage
Public advert - ransacked house

Simples smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 2:11pm
withthat
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 8:19pm
Shes made a mistake ...... but life goes on......it'll be sorted soon..... zzzzzzzz
Posted By: Capt_America Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 9:01pm
A similar thing happened to us when our son threw a party while we were away (he's 20). He didn't advertise it on facebook but he did invite a load of k--b heads, not bad enough to make the news thank God, but my wife is still traumatised by it.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 11:44pm
Anyone that bothered to look at the FULL story would see that she wasnt left home alone.

Everyone loves seeing what happened, having a quick "tut" then complain what "irresponsible parenting" and have a good preach!
Posted By: bobi1 Re: The joys of facebook. - 23rd Feb 2010 11:56pm
Originally Posted by aegean
Shes made a mistake ...... but life goes on......it'll be sorted soon..... zzzzzzzz

What else can you say really? Well said aegean! It's true that Facebook needs to address fundermental issues regarding the idiots using the site-the best thing to do is make each persons page secure and then give them the option of reducing the security if they want to advertise events. Maybe then these moronic gate crashing w*nkers will be put to rest.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: The joys of facebook. - 24th Feb 2010 12:33am
bad thing imho
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: The joys of facebook. - 24th Feb 2010 7:08am
I have found old friends through Facebook, I use it to advertise my radio show.

Facebook is simply a tool, it cant be good or bad. That is down to the people that are using it. They are good or bad. And unfortunately the owners of Facebook can do little to regulate who uses it.

Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: The joys of facebook. - 24th Feb 2010 7:52am
Originally Posted by Sir_longmong
Anyone that bothered to look at the FULL story would see that she wasnt left home alone.

Everyone loves seeing what happened, having a quick "tut" then complain what "irresponsible parenting" and have a good preach!

EXACTLY what I said 8 posts before yours wink
yes yes yes yes
Posted By: MissGuided Re: The joys of facebook. - 24th Feb 2010 9:07am
Originally Posted by summer01
oops sorry face book i have never went on .but my son says half his school goers on it .is it a good thing or a bad thing .?

Its a laugh if you want to see how your school mates turned out. Mine all seem to have been blessed with good anti-aging genes, apart from a few blokes who are losing a little hair on top smile
Posted By: bert1 Re: The joys of facebook. - 24th Feb 2010 10:04am
You should ask them for a photo holding today's paper, then you'll see who's aged.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The joys of facebook. - 24th Feb 2010 10:05am
It's surprising who crops up on Facebook, in contact with old school mates, ex service comrades, distant family from abroad. All thru Facebook contact.
Be very careful what personal info you put on there, like going on holiday and leaving house empty etc and don't put anything personal on. I just use it as a contact point.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral