Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral's Countdown champ Chris takes on Big Bro - 12th Jan 2010 5:12pm
Wirral's Countdown champ Chris takes on Big Brother housemates

WIRRAL'S Countdown champion Chris Davies will compete against a team of Celebrity Big Brother housemates on Channel Four tonight.

The 21-year-old from Greasby will take on the likes of footballer turned big screen hardman Vinnie Jones in a special version of the gameshow, which will be screened during the reality television show which starts at 9pm.

Chris' appearance on the show was filmed via video link from Countdown's studio in Mancester yesterday.

The former Calday Grange Grammar School pupil told the Globe: "It was a great experience to have been asked to appear on Celebrity Big Brother.

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to meet the housemates in person, because my appearance was filmed by video link.

"At the moment, I haven't got any more television appearances lined up, but you never know what could happen."

Chris earned his place on Countdown last year after playing the game online. His score was spotted by the show's producer.

After eight appearances on the programme, he made it through to the final, which was screened on December 18.

Away from his gameshow success, Chris won the Bromborough Cup at piano and has played drums in local bands.

He's also a 'speed-cuber' and solved a Rubik's Cube on air on his first Countdown appearance in 20 seconds.

THE GLOBE
Bit of an all round smart arse, really.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral