Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Police appeal for help after lethal drug is stolen - 8th Jan 2010 8:47pm

Police appeal for help after lethal drug is stolen from Birkenhead chemist

Merseyside Police are urging Wirral people to exercise caution following the theft of prescription drugs from a chemist in Birkenhead.

The ten phials of Adrenaline and a bottle of Lidocaine were taken from a treatment room along with a quantity of other medical items from Gladstone Medical Centre on Old Chester Road, Rockferry, at 11am today.

The Adrenaline, which was packaged in a blue and white box, could be fatal if injected by someone it is not prescribed for.

Anyone who finds the medication is asked to take them into their nearest police station.

Anyone with information about the theft can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
Wots lidicaine do?
It's a local anaesthetic.
Am i ignorant? Local anaethsetic on script? Wot for?
Abuse?
The fact it ends in caine shows you where it is derived, as for it being on prescription, my mum used to get it for her farmers cos it numbed them.
Farmers? Mockny cockney- arms ?
Farmer Giles wink
Aaah! Of course!.! Lateral thinking not the best this time of the nite!
How does the 'local' 'know' where its to go?
:?
-Hi caine, where you going?
-Hi caine 2, i headed to the anal canal, wbu?
-Im heading to the brain myself!
Are these voices in your head Rude?
When lidocaine is used as an injection it's usually for heart attacks or local anaesthetic depending on the strength. For local anaesthetic purposes it's usually injected into the area needed (like when the dentist needs to drill or you have stitches).
The fact that it was stolen with adrenaline tells me that it was probably part of a cardiac crash kit.
Hope this clears things up for you Rude smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral