Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 6:38pm
Gritter lorry turning left into lower part of Bennetts Hill from Heathfield Road in Birkenhead, decided not to complete the turn and plough into a house instead. No real damage I don't think, apart from drivers ego.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 6:45pm
Get any pictures dd?
Posted By: chris58 Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 7:59pm
You mean the gritters were out?!
Posted By: Wench Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 8:01pm
I read this post title really quick and thought it said "Gary Glitter crashes into house" raftl smack
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 8:03pm
This is typical Kama. I cant belive how stupid the councils have been about gritting the roads this year. OKAY they ran out last year so they are being abit reserved this time round but yesterday just took the piss. I saw one grit truck all day but it didnt even have the spreadder turned on.......
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 8:14pm
Another gritter bites the grit!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 8:21pm
As Tuesday’s snow turns to ice, even the gritter van’s have trouble coping with Wirral’s treacherous roads.

A Wirral Council van spreading salt skidded on ice at the top of Bennetts Hill, Oxton at 4.30pm, and collided with a property’s garage.

The driver who asked not to be named said: “The roads are really bad, I just couldn’t help it.”

Pam Newman, lives on Bennetts Hill, opposite where the accident happened.

She said: “I saw the lights flashing and came out fearing someone had hit my car. Apparently it came around the corner, which is heavily iced, and touched an abandoned car from yesterday, and ended up against the building.”

Council workers are now trying to move the truck, but the ice is proving difficult.

Nobody was hurt in the incident

The Globe
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 8:52pm
class pics, hope the council realise now that they are Grrrs.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 8:54pm
There was a gritter arsing about in Upton Sainsburys last night driving around in circles etc for about half an hour (we got off before they left so might have been longer), doing fook all, just driving around, and it appeared to be trying to go sideways at one point.

3 lads in it, none looked older than 30, what do you expect...

They should have been out spreading, morons!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 9:00pm
Spreading morons raftl Sorry, I read it wrong and it tickled me raftl
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Gritter Lorry Crashes into House - 6th Jan 2010 9:04pm
seen this before as my van broke down abit up the road,

there was a car in the same space before looked like it had been pushed into the lampost
© Wirral-Wikiwirral