Forums
Posted By: jonno40 Bid to save Birkenhead Priory - 29th Dec 2009 8:37am
Plans to save Birkenhead Priory underway

Dec 29 2009 Liverpool Echo

PLANS to rescue one of Merseyside’s most important historical sites are being developed by Wirral Council.

Birkenhead Priory is the oldest standing building in the area and was identified by English Heritage in its buildings and monuments at risk list.

The site is historically important because of the 13th century visits by Edward I to launch his campaigns in Wales, showing the political importance of the Priory at the time.

Len Ellison, chairman of Wirral History and Heritage Association, said: “Probably the most important building which is at risk is Birkenhead Priory. The council are in the process of developing a management plan for the site.”

The Priory is partly owned by the council and the Church of England, which owns the Chapter House

THE ECHO
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bid to save Birkenhead Priory - 29th Dec 2009 3:35pm
Lets hope they discuss OUR tunnels as well!
Posted By: jimbob Re: Bid to save Birkenhead Priory - 29th Dec 2009 9:38pm
A management plan by this council means charging people who want to go and look at it and making the roads arround the area pay and display
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Bid to save Birkenhead Priory - 30th Dec 2009 12:57am
yeah i want me tunnels back! visit one day they're open next week or so they seal them up on me.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Bid to save Birkenhead Priory - 30th Dec 2009 1:24am
Take the fire axe or a large set of pliers down there shadow Simples grin
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Bid to save Birkenhead Priory - 30th Dec 2009 2:10am
would a sledgehammer and sulphuric acid do?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral