Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Road closed after bus hits the side of a house - 23rd Dec 2009 9:58am
Road closed after bus hits the side of a house

A WIRRAL road is closed to traffic after a single-decker bus crashed into the extension of a house this morning.

Emergency services were called to the scene in Millhouse Lane, Moreton, just before 7.45am.

A fire service spokesman said the bus hit the extension of a property in nearby Oakham Drive.

An eyewitness told the Globe that a fire engine that was on its way to the scene also crashed into the back of the bus. But this is yet to be confirmed by the fire service.

There were no injuries.

Diversions are currently in operation, with traffic using Town Meadow Lane.

An investigation is underway to establish what happened.

More later.

THE GLOBE
can,t beleive how bad roads thought they been gritted .elm grove tranmere like an ice rink watched as every car skid onto derby road. one spun into middle of derby road luckily no traffic on road . rang council said not on grittin list .( so helpful )bet there bad crash there today. oops fella off his scooter he ok but sliding everywhere while pushing his bike.
I skated to work in my car this morning - thinking of getting rails fitted to the wheels to make it easier. But then I'd need a push every time I stopped. frown Assuming I managed to stop omg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Road closed after bus hits the side of a house - 23rd Dec 2009 7:07pm
UPDATE: Black ice blamed for collision in Moreton

BLACK ice is believed to have been the cause of a collision in Moreton this morning.

Millhouse Lane is currently closed to traffic after a single-decker bus belonging to Prenton-based Avon Coaches mounted a kerb and crashed into the extension of a house in nearby Oakham Drive just after 7.30am.

A fire engine collided with another engine that was already at the scene.

There were no passengers onboard the bus and no-one else involved in the collision sustained any injuries.

The driver and the occupant of the house were left shaken. The extension will now have to be demolished.

George Lewis, co-director of Avon Coaches told the Globe: "The driver's okay. He's very experienced and has been driving for 44 years, but this is the first time he's had an accident.

"He was driving down Millhouse Lane and couldn't see the black ice.

"He's not injured and, luckily, there were no passengers on the bus."

Diversions are currently in operation, with traffic using Town Meadow Lane.

An investigation is underway to establish what happened.

Inspector Ross Meredith, of Wirral neighbourhood policing team, said: "The road has been closed while the scene is cleared.

"We urge all drivers to be extra careful during the icy weather and to only make journeys that are absolutely necessary to ensure that everyone has a safe and happy Christmas."

THE GLOBE
woops!
a mate of mine is a mechanic for avon buses,that will keep him busy for a while lol
So glad noone got hurt. That could have been nasty.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral