Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Chester Zoo submits plans for massive biodome - 23rd Dec 2009 8:52am
AMBITIOUS plans to help catapult Chester Zoo into one of the world’s top five animal attractions have been formally handed to planners.

The facility has submitted planning applications for its ambitious £225m Natural Vision project.

They followed extensive consultation and include detailed plans for the Heart Of Africa biodome, together with the expansion of its main entrance and car park.

The Heart Of Africa would be a 34m high tropical biodome housing an African rainforest-themed sanctuary for gorillas, chimpanzees and other species.

The plans will now be considered by Cheshire West and Chester council.

Zoo director general Professor Gordon McGregor Reid said: “For us, a key part of the planning process was engaging with different organisations.”

Future phases may include a hotel and conservation college.

THE ECHO
Posted By: bert1 Re: Chester Zoo submits plans for massive biodome - 23rd Dec 2009 9:46am
Maybe you where at Madam Tussuad's animal display.
I once went to see the jaguars in their Jaguar sponsored enclosure - they were all hiding frown
Posted By: kezzbag Re: Chester Zoo submits plans for massive biodome - 24th Dec 2009 12:54am
I love Chester zoo. Can`t wait for the new dome to happen. (fingers crossed)
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Chester Zoo submits plans for massive biodome - 24th Dec 2009 1:32am
I'm gonna mention the carbon footprint just cos I'm a party pooper lol. I know the tourism will offset it but I can't help but imagine the biodome having exhibits wearing tee shirts with logos on them like "Buy now pay later". You just know eventually nature is gonna bite back.
Kids will love the giggledome!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Chester Zoo submits plans for massive biodome - 25th Dec 2009 8:37pm
I last went when I was young. I expect it to be tiny compared to then when I got next!
Posted By: hoseman Re: Chester Zoo submits plans for massive biodome - 26th Dec 2009 12:05pm
Everytime we go to Chester Zoo, i have to buy my missus 2 tickets...one to let her in and the other to get her out!!!! cry
Originally Posted by hoseman
Everytime we go to Chester Zoo, i have to buy my missus 2 tickets...one to let her in and the other to get her out!!!! cry
LOL laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral