Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 1:33pm
Wirral dad fined for playing The Killers' music too loud

A DRIVER was left baffled after receiving a £30 fine for playing music too loudly on his car radio.
[Linked Image]
Christopher Cureton, of Seacombe, was listening to the rock band The Killers’ hit, Human, as he drove along Brighton Street, Wallasey, at around 10pm after an eight hour shift on a Friday night.

But before the 41-year-old mechanic made it home to meet his wife Kristen for a few drinks, he was pulled over by police and given a fixed penalty notice.

He said: “I’m not some boy racer with a big sound system fitted in my boot.

“I’m a dad who was driving home from work in a Vauxhall Astra, listening to some music, at what I thought was an acceptable level on my standard factory fitted car radio.

“I didn’t even know you could get a ticket for playing your radio too loud.”

Christopher’s ticket said he was producing “excessive noise” in a manner which “could have been avoided by the exercise of reasonable care”.

He appealed the fine and has been asked to attend Birkenhead Magistrates’ Court on February 5, next year.

The dad-of-one added: “It seems like such a silly thing but I’ve appealed the ticket on principle. If there is a legal level of noise that I exceeded I will willingly pay my fine, however when the only evidence is the opinion of a police officer, I feel by paying it I could be setting a precedent for laws to be made up as and when the police suit. I’m still totally baffled and feel like this whole situation is unfair and unjust.”

A Merseyside police spokesman said: “We can confirm that on Friday, August 7, an officer issued a Fixed Penalty Notice to a motorist for an incident involving anti-social behaviour in connection with use of a vehicle.

“Specifically this offence was ‘using a motor vehicle in a manner to cause excessive noise’ in the residential area of Brighton Street, Wallasey.”

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 1:42pm
Absolutly ridiculas, Give me 10 minutes in a ring with the copper that issued the fine please.
Posted By: john1788 Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 1:48pm
what a joke, most police i know are "human" this 1 must have been a "dancer",the law or not this is still pretty poor,quality police work....not......
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 2:02pm
Fair enough if it was past 11 (as your not allowed to make excessive noise between 11pm and 7am) but this was at 10pm...and is a pathetic example showing Misuse of power somad
Posted By: bert1 Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 2:10pm
There's one thing for sure, all the young ones will be wearing hearing aids before their old. All this loud music in a confined space ruins your ears.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 2:25pm
Thats ridiculous. Wish him well in court.
Posted By: pepe26 Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 8:22pm
thank god i dont live near him , playing music at that time of night .think about others for once in your life .........
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 8:29pm
What a disgrace. I prefer 'Read My Mind' by the Killers.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 4th Dec 2009 8:49pm
Im an old punk at heart so got to be "God Save The Queen", play it full blast onsite in Lairds n never a complaint!
Posted By: kurdlad Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 5th Dec 2009 7:04am
Thats ridiculous and stupid thats the new thing coming up in the uk i blive in next few years if every thing carry on like this we not gonna be allowed talk or sneeze loud thats just sick.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Driver Fined for Playing Music too Loud - 5th Dec 2009 11:24am
I'd like to hear how loud it actually was.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral