Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 27th Nov 2009 11:29am

Armed robbery at Wirral jewellers store

ARMED raiders smashed their way into a jewellers store in Heswall just before closing time last night.

Wearing white boiler suits, the men used a sledge hammer and drill to smash the window of Hallmark Jewellers in Pensby Road at around 5pm.

They got away with nearly a quarter of a million pounds worth of jewellery, according to a spokesperson at the store.

The men then drove off in a black car, which police later found burnt out nearby.

Anyone with informaton can call 0151 777 2264 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 27th Nov 2009 11:59am
Happened again. Wasn't this place robbed last year and the robber found in a pub loo?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 4:18pm
THESE CCTV pictures show the moment armed robbers raided a jewellery store in Merseyside

CCTV images show terrifying armed raid at Wirral jewellers

THESE CCTV pictures show the moment armed robbers raided a jewellery store in Merseyside.

Up to £100,000 worth of diamond rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces were stolen in the attack on Hallmark jewellers, in Pensby Road, Heswall, at 4.55pm on Thursday.

The sophisticated gang, who used a sledgehammer and drill to smash through the front window, wore white protective suits, balaclavas and gloves in the attack, leaving no forensic evidence.

Store owner Jan Foley, who pulled diamond jewellery from their clutches from the other side of the glass, today told the ECHO of the dread she felt when she watched the footage.

She said: “The police told me they believed the gang were armed – and not just with the sledgehammer and drill.

“Watching the CCTV back was so frightening. When they hit us, I ran straight to the window and started pulling the stock back and throwing it on the floor before they could get it.

“I managed to save some of the stock, but unfortunately they still got away with a lot.

“Looking back now, I probably should not have gone to the window, but at the time the adrenaline kicked in.”

Ms Foley said she even thought about running outside, but was glad she did not now.

She added: “The police put the robbery at category one and are looking at patterns of similar robberies in Merseyside.

“It was not the first time we have been targeted. We had two incidents this year.

“Every other time we were able to get the stock back – I have chased people around Heswall before now. But this is devastating.

“We are a family-run business, we started from nothing and built up over the years.

“The timing of the raid was awful, just before Christmas. A customer came into the shop today to buy a ring she had seen, but it was one of the ones which was stolen.

“We will not let the raid affect us and the shop has been really busy. The displays will be back in the window by Monday morning.

“We are working around the clock to clean the jewellery which was caught up in the raid because there are tiny pieces of glass everywhere.”

The stolen black car the gang used was found burned out in Cornelius Drive, Pensby, 15 minutes later.

The raiders even threw a stinger behind them to try and slow down anybody who may have followed.

Ms Foley added: “If anyone is offered diamond goods, they should contact us because I can identify every piece.”

Anyone with information should call 0151-777 2264 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 4:37pm
The lad with the sledge hammer is obviously a homo as thats not how you use one. I think anyone knows that you put one hand on the bottom and one on the top. These guys are amatures and will be caught soon. I put my bottom dollar on it!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 5:02pm
Where wud you get stingers tho? I fort only the police had them.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 5:34pm
ebay?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 9:59pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Where wud you get stingers tho? I fort only the police had them.

Maybe they robbed one out of a traffic car?

LOL'd at the slege hammer fella.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 10:20pm
Lol that guy couldn't use a sledge hammer to save his life. probably got a base case of hulk smash syndrome.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 10:30pm
They nearly always get caught don't they?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 28th Nov 2009 10:33pm
here's a vid of the jeweller "fighting back" LOL

Posted By: Sanchez Re: Armed Robbery at Wirral Jewellers Store - 29th Nov 2009 11:21am
Wow those women were amazing fighters lol!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral