Forums
Posted By: Beaty59 Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 9:14am
[Linked Image]The Liverpool City Council have comissioned an local artist to design a Memorial Statue for Liverpool City Centre. This is the design he has come up with. This has upset the Hillsborough families and the survivors groups. The council is to use puplic money to pay for this monstrocity. Please add your views.

There is a facebook campaign please join if you agree this shoud not see the light of day
M4J Group
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 10:34am
I like it!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 10:36am
It's supposed to be a Memorial not the art work for the cover box of a video game. What's it supposed to represent, it look hideous. Dooley could have done better than that.
Posted By: ronnie Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 11:32am
It's horrible!!
Posted By: PeterLFC Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 4:48pm
Its HORRIBLE, we all know what happend that day.
We need a memorial to the memory of those that we lost, not a reminder to how we lost them.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 5:01pm
Dont like it. Hideous.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 5:10pm
Whatever happened to a simple piece of granite with their names on. If we need another memorial, that certainly wouldn't be my choice. What next, a war memorial with soldiers flying through the air after being blown up, that wouldn't be allowed and neither should that monstrosity.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 7:36pm
What the flip is it? Agree with the granite thing.
Not that we're allowed to forget what happened like.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hillsborough Statue - 13th Nov 2009 8:08pm
I don't see why they are wasting public money on it... terrible tragedy etc, nobody will doubt that or ever forget it, same with Heysel, however we already have a perfectly suitable memorial in a perfect location...

This stinks to me of the council trying to somehow attract people into the city centre by using the tragedy as a showpiece. All based around money, and I dont like it.

Attached picture Hillsborough_Memorial.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral