Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Chip pan fire at Prenton flat - 3rd Aug 2009 12:41pm
Chip pan fire at Prenton flat

A MAN was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a chip pan blaze at his Wirral home.

Firefighters were called to the first-floor flat in Singleton Avenue, Prenton, at around 11pm last night.

The man, in his 20s, was asleep on his bed but was woken by a smoke alarm.

THE ECHO
Posted By: jimbob Re: Chip pan fire at Prenton flat - 3rd Aug 2009 1:39pm
chip pans should be banned
Posted By: ronnie Re: Chip pan fire at Prenton flat - 3rd Aug 2009 1:56pm
Agreed, a mate of mine died in a house fire 5 years ago after leaving the chip pan on and falling asleep, he was only 19!
Posted By: chrissie77 Re: Chip pan fire at Prenton flat - 3rd Aug 2009 2:06pm
Me mate died in a house 10 years ago... same happened.. left the chip pan on and fast asleep wev her boyfriend (died).. after her night out on her 21st birthday party..(both deaf)
Posted By: DavidB Re: Chip pan fire at Prenton flat - 3rd Aug 2009 4:46pm
I've learnt one thing, don't make chips at night when you're pissed/tired.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Chip pan fire at Prenton flat - 3rd Aug 2009 6:21pm
Nothing wrong with chip pans, just don't leave them unattended. If your drunk its not a good idea to cook anything, especially if it means using hot oils.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Chip pan fire at Prenton flat - 3rd Aug 2009 6:26pm
Why should chip pans be banned? When my deep-fat-fryer was on the blink, I used one for a while, and it was just fine. As usual, the odd couple of useless moron's, means the PC and do-gooders brigade will be calling for them to be banned.

They key is, as bert says, not to leave them unattended, even for a second, or you are asking for trouble.

People often don't realise how dangerous they can be when they leave them unattended, and don't realise how dangerous they are in comparison to deep-fat-fryers. Also, when they go up, the amount of people who try to fight them with water despite it being common knowledge that hot oil + water should never be mixed, is absurd.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral