Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Birkenhead Soldiers Body Has Been Flown Back Today - 28th Jul 2009 11:51am
Body of Birkenhead guardsman Christopher King killed in Afghanistan has been flown back to Britain today

THE body of a Birkenhead soldier killed in Afghanistan will be returned to British soil today.

Guardsman Christopher King, 20, will be one of four soldiers flown back after being killed in Helmand Province.

The men were due to be repatriated at RAF Lyneham, in Wiltshire, shortly after 11am.

Guardsman King, who served as a rifleman with 1st Battalion Welsh Guards, died on July 22 while on foot patrol after standing on a landmine. He was in the Nad-e-Ali District, when taking part in Operation Panther’s Claw, a major assault ahead of next month’s elections.

THE ECHO
God Bless and Rest in peace
Are his family still local? Is there going to be any kind of 'drive past'?

RIP
RIP. My thougts are with his friends+ family
RIP GDMN King. My thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues whom he leaves behind.
R.I.P. MATE
RIP, thoughts are with the family & friends.

RIP Mate
Never met but I am proud you served our country.
at the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them
R.I.P. Guardsman Christopher King.God bless.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birkenhead Soldiers Body Has Been Flown Back Today - 29th Jul 2009 12:46pm
Birkenhead-born Welsh Guardsman Christopher King returns to the UK after being killed in Afghanistan

HUNDREDS of people turned out to witness the return of four soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

They included Birkenhead-born Christopher King, a 20-year-old Welsh Guardsman who was working in Helmand province protecting vehicle patrols when he died in an explosion.

The guardsman and his comrades were flown into RAF Lyneham, in Wiltshire, at around 11am yesterday.

A private ceremony for relatives was held in a chapel.

As has become tradition with recent repatriations, the union jack-draped coffins were driven through Wootton Bassett for a memorial procession.

THE ECHO
© Wirral-Wikiwirral