Forums
Posted By: Anonymous 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 1st Jul 2009 5:17pm
Scooter crash pensioner's life saved by 12-year-old

A YOUNG samaritan saved his neighbour’s life after she crashed her electric scooter into a concrete wall.

Conor Fibborn, 12, of Higher Bebington, was cooking his breakfast when he heard screams for help.

His 92-year-old neighbour Anne Hindley had just arrived back from mass at Christchurch.

She had been putting her electric scooter away in her garage when she accidently put her foot down on the accelerator and smacked into her garden wall.

She said: “My head was gashed open and blood was gushing all over me – I was so scared and started screaming for help.”

Connor heard the pleas through his kitchen window and ran out to see what had happened.

He said: “I was really shocked because she looked really horrible – there was blood all over her.

“I had to take a few seconds to think what to do, but then I rang the ambulance.”

The Plessington College pupil then followed the directions given to him by the emergency services, which paramedics say saved Anne’s life.

The 12-year-old said: “I would never have thought I could have done what I did, but instinct kicked in and I just had to calm her down and stop the bleeding.”

The ambulance arrived 10 minutes later.

Connor’s dad, Terry, said: “I’m really proud of my son.

“He must have been terrified with all the blood and I don’t think many other lads his age would have been able to deal with the situation as well as he did.”

Anne, who is back at home and almost fully recovered after the incident on Sunday June 21, added: “I’m so grateful – Connor was like an angel on my shoulder.”

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 1st Jul 2009 5:46pm
More nice stories like this please, jase happy
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 1st Jul 2009 7:19pm
Aww. Nice story. Contender for 'champion awards' a few pages on
Posted By: kimpri Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 2nd Jul 2009 8:23pm
i know anne such a nice lady she lives next door to my brother conner is my nephew.. well done conner..
Posted By: camaroz Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 2nd Jul 2009 8:27pm
Cool kid.......

Hope I could cope as well in a simmilar situation.

Top marks !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 2nd Jul 2009 8:55pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
i know anne such a nice lady she lives next door to my brother conner is my nephew.. well done conner..

you all must be very proud of him, not many kids like him in this day an age. well done conner thumbsup
Posted By: Angela Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 2nd Jul 2009 9:42pm
Isn't it lovely to hear something like this about a young lad?His family must be so proud of him.Well done, Connor thumbsup
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 2nd Jul 2009 9:44pm
good lad thumbsup
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 12-year-old saves pensioner's life - 2nd Jul 2009 10:08pm
Kimpri1- give him a gold star from me please! Top kid.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral